Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barca - Dublin flight emergency landing today

Options
  • 08-11-2004 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any details on this?
    A mate was on a plane from Barcelona (Aer Lingus I guess) which had to make an emergency landing in Biarritz this afternoon.

He texted me:
    The plane depressurized, had to make an emergency landing... We were over the Pyrenees, they told us nothing, they turned on the seat belt sign, the masks popped out, the nose of the plane pointed to terra firma, we hurtled down for several minutes, all in thick cloud and turbulance, people started lighting cigarettes. After 10 minutes the pilot talked to us.

People lit cigarette with the oxygen masks down! FFS! :rolleyes:

Anyway he is looking for advice on where to eat in Biarritz now so it can't have been too bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Looking at Dublin Arrivals on Aertel, there's a Ryanair from Reus (close to Barcelona) via Biarritz due in at 20:45.

Is he sure it was an emergency landing and not just a bumpy scheduled one??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Well, normally the Reus flights don't touch down in Biarritz. They are direct and reach Dublin at 15.45.

Oh, and normally there are no scheduled flights from Biarritz to Dublin - only Stanstead.

Mind you I note Ryanair's on-line arrivals board does say there is an arrival from Biarritz due in at 21.00 "on time". No wonder their arrival stats are so up-beat. :confused:

Besides if the flight was going according to plan O'Leary would probably have charged extra for the Oxygen masks rather than dishing them out to everybody... :p

Advertisement