Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Murroe

Options
  • 08-11-2004 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am thinking of moving from the city to Murroe.

Does anybody have any comments, thoughts about this town ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Its not a town its a pub ;)
    Nice little pitch and putt coarse out there if ya like that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Small place, im from the same parish but not from the village.
    Small place, nice pitch n putt course, 1 pub, 2 shops, glenstal abbey is there 2 which
    has some very scenic grounds if you want to go for walks etc, GAA field is in the
    middle of the village across from the church if you are interested (trying to recruit here :D )
    Also the local soccer club just pumped a lot of money into facilities about a mile or 2
    outside the village if thats your game.
    Other than that its the same as most small villages in Ireland, one or 2 "dodgy" looking
    characters around but for the most part they are harmless. Also a biker gang live in
    the town but they all seem to be pretty sound, the ones i know at least.
    Dunno what else to tell ya, pm me if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

Haha, Murroe. Stay in the city. However dull it may be Murroe is duller

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I am from the same parish although I live at the other end of the parish, the more salubrious end in Boher :D:D

Murroe has a great community spirit and although it has only 1 pub there are 3 great pubs in Boher.

Murroe/Boher is a lovely quiet area if you want to move out from the hussle and bussle of the city. You are still near enough if you do want to go out in the city for meals/cinema (new one being built next to Superquinn)

I for one think its a great idea but why not consider Boher? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nickw

FWIW.... bringing up an old thread. :)

http://www.murroe.net for anyone further interested....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I read of a fair few undesirables moving out there in recent years, and of a large drugs find recently too....

Found it.

"Six people in custody after gardaí seize drugs and guns

By Jimmy Woulfe Mid-West Correspondent

Thursday, July 09, 2009

SIX people were in custody in Limerick last night after garda raids in the city and county in which a huge quantity of cocaine and guns were seized.

Gardaí from Bruff and the divisional drugs squad under Det Sgt Con McCarthy found cocaine with a street value of €400,000 when they raided a house in Murroe.

A man from the city who moved to Murroe was recently was arrested.

A pump-action shotgun and a handgun were found when gardaí raided a house in St Senan’s Street, St Mary’s Park.

Two men arrested are being held under section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act.

Gardaí arrested two juveniles in the Ballynanty area after petrol was poured through the letterbox of a house.

In follow-up searches, a sawn-off shotgun was found.

Gardaí are also investigating two arson attacks in which houses in College Avenue, Moyross, and Clarina Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston, were very badly damaged.

Mayor Kevin Kiely condemned the attack.

"The incident in Moyross happened in broad daylight. Someone saw what happened.

"Members of the public are going to have to come forward and give information to the gardaí," said Mayor Kiely.

"I would appeal to the public to give them information. It is the only way we are going to catch these criminals."

He said his heart went out to the families whose homes have been destroyed.

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Thursday, July 09, 2009"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

zombie thread

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement