Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important you read this

Options
  • 07-11-2004 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

found a very good web page on this chemical, think its important you all take a look

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

cheers

data

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

haha, i just figured it out (altough ya dont exactly need to be head cashier at mcdonalds to cop it) nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭SpaceJunkie

I can see from the link that this is a reference to dihydrogen monoxide. Very dangerous stuff. Almost lost a friend when he accidentally consumed too much. That was 35 years ago and the dangers were known even back then. It's odd that the use of this compound has still not been outlawed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I knew there was a joke or punchline in what was being said but i didn't cop it for about 2 paragraphs :o

I'd say some people would believe this though

(wink)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Holy fúck! The brain isn't working again! I actually went onto google, saw similar sites it took me two minutes to cop this! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

lol, tis an old one but I still laugh when I read it :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And to think that only a few miles away there is enough anhydrous dhmo, which does not have the same side effects as regular dhmo, to keep us all safe and yet NASA refuse to collect it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

cheap bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

we're all nerds in herre :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

we're all nerds in herre :D

Well spotted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

eh this doesn't sound like a laughing matter to me. this stuff looks dangerous.

i'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad in small doses or watered down but i'm not taking any risks.

Acid rain, soil erosion. This sh1t is everywhere, suprised i haven't come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

quarryman wrote:
    i'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad in small doses or watered down
    lmao!
    quarryman wrote:
    This sh1t is everywhere, suprised i haven't come across it.
    You really have you know.. It suffocates hundreds of people every year..

Lad's I think we have ourselves a genuine believer here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

What are you talking about. It's a serious threat! It's one of the most dangerous substances on the planet! :rolleyes:
    It's the principle component in alcoholic drinks too!! My god... the humanity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

:) yeah i was trying to think of an alcohol one:

next thing you know traces of it will be found in our food and drink..... etc :D

I read an article in a major medical magazine awhile back that stated this substance has been detected in measurable quantities in all living things on Earth. It's getting into everything!

I found the "watered down" comment an appropriately interesting one. I actually have a can of dehydrated DHM and the instructions simply state: "Just add water." I have not opened the can because I did not know what it was used for. I'll be tossing it out in the trash this weekend. Way too dangerous to have around my pets.

Advertisement