Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know this 80's board game?

Options
  • 06-11-2004 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Can't remember much about it except it was a typical role-the-dice and move game but the gimmick of this product was that the actual playing-board was 'a haunted house' full of 'traps' (sythes being one if I recall) and had things such as little plastic dice-sized skulls rolling down drains, trapdoors etc (imagine a horror themed amalgamation between cluedo (ie various rooms), space crusade and mouse-trap and you'll be getting a pretty accurate image of it).

I didn't ever own or even play this game (so some of the above might be in error) but I saw the television ad for it so many times that it stuck with me as being something that was probably pretty cool to have.

Ring any bells for anyone? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

oh oh I remember that too but I can't think of the name!!! I think the idea was to collect the glow in the dark skulls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

iirc it was called Ghost House. You started off by dropping your skull into the coffin in the middle which set off a random booby trap in the house somewhere. I remember the skulls and the coffins distinctly. Was fun building the game, but the randomness of the game made it tedious quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Ghost Castle

Great Game..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks dublin_apache & robbie1876

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Pigman II wrote:
    Thanks dublin_apache & robbie1876

No probs ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Ghost Castle...best game ever. Especially the way you never knew which way the skull was gonna fall down....via the stairs or the numerous trap doors?...there was everything to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Class game. Takes me back :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My god, just the description on the first post brought me back 15 years. Next i'll be looking up my favourite starcom magnetic figures, or searching for MASK episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've still got that buried in my wardrobe I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

My god, just the description on the first post brought me back 15 years. Next i'll be looking up my favourite starcom magnetic figures, or searching for MASK episodes.

MASK is on FOX KIDS most days/nights (I think). The animation has aged horribly-- don't expect too much ;)
    The toys were much more fun than the cartoon anyways. I remember MASK, Starcom & Dino Riders toys much more than the actual TV series. Why are stoopid parents allowed to give toys away to charity fairs?! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement