Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Aer Lingus to fly four new Dublin routes

Options
  • 06-11-2004 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2004/1105/aerlingus.html
    Aer Lingus to fly four new Dublin routes

November 05, 2004 12:11
    Aer Lingus is to introduce four new routes to Europe in its summer schedule for 2005. The new services from Dublin to Seville, Naples, Marseilles and Hamburg will commence at the end of March 2005.

Earlier this year, the airline also announced four new services from Cork to Munich, Rome, Nice and Faro. These will start flying at the end of next April.

Since the end of 2001, the airline has more than trebled its network of routes, with the introduction of 42 new scheduled services.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Seville!
    Excellent - it's the best city in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Bah typical!!! Was in Seville in September having to go via Barcelona. Now they decide to go direct.

Have to agree that Seville is a fantastic place and will be a popular spot for a long weekend when this service starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

vinnyfitz wrote:
    Seville!
    Excellent - it's the best city in Europe.

Agree with ya vinnyfitz.... my brother in law owns a pub there, and I try to get over a least once a year.
    Next time your there remember to drop into The Merchant Bar the home of great football in Sevilla ( and not so great ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Interesting that they are flying to Marseille when they already fly to Toulouse, which isn't that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

and do they still fly to nice? how far away is that?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

That's Nice - I suppose they figured that if they also flew to Marseilles they would have nothing Toulouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

penexpers wrote:
    Interesting that they are flying to Marseille when they already fly to Toulouse, which isn't that far away.

400km and 3hr 43 minute drive away according to the AA ... not exactly a drive to the shops, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

penexpers wrote:
    Are you confusing Toulon with Toulouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,980 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Seville is certainly a beautiful city. Spent a fantastic couple of days there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Does anyone know when this Open Sky's agreement (linked to the Shannon Stop Over and limits number of US destinations) kicks in and whether Aer Lingus have plans to expand their US destinations. I'd like a Seattle or North West destination to be added. There may be only demand for 3 or 4 flights a week but there are currently only three routes from Europe to Seattle, so there is an opportunity there for both local demand and a codeshare with One World partners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i havent heard any news about this. Aer Fungus are hoping to fly direct to San Francisco, amognst other destinations

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

PoolDude wrote:
    .....there is an opportunity there for both local demand and a codeshare with One World partners.

--AerLingus is going to be booted out of one world as they are dropping Business Class, AFAIK. Incidentally I flew home from Munich last night on a lovely new A320, leather[ette?] seats throughout-no business class distinction made, no curtains, seats all the same size, no bulkheads at the forward galley allowing more seats. Anyone have any more info on AerLingus' new deliveries?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

The bilateral agreements are still in place between the us and europe until this time EI are limited to the number of gateway cities in the states that they can serve, currently limited to (New York JFK, Boston, Chicago, Los Angles and Baltimore, switched to Orlando for the winter period)
    Willie Walsh has said that if open skies agreement was brought in EI would be interested in launching up to 15 new routes to the US.
    New aircraft would obviously be needed for such an operation.
    EI are currently in the final phases of negociations between Airbus and Boeing in order to replace their existing transatlantic fleet, results of these negociations should be known in a number of weeks, then all they need is the money.
    This time next year they will have an all airbus european fleet made up of:
    6 A321
    21 A320

Advertisement