Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders Gets Worse & Worse

Options
  • 05-11-2004 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Is it me or has this programme hit rock bottom altogether. Ppl said that this week slater fest would make or break eastenders, well it broke. Its absolute drivel and its the same crap over and over again. Kat is living up to Avids take off with her big fat bingo wings alongwith her sitting at the end of bar getting pissed drunk. Little Mo is a welcome comeback although its a pity ould trev is dead. The final straw was the introduction of another slut namely Stacey , what a complete waste of money.

Kat ?? 2 votes

I love her and her big fat bingo wings.
    0%
    I wish they would kill off character( Death by consumption of orange tan)
    100%
    super_furryBaZmO* 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I stopped watching Eastenders last week because of the neverending boring Kat and Alfie story line. Have starting watching Emmerdale now - its not that bad I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

EE's Slater storylines are terrible.... The Millers are incredibly annoying. The upcoming Christmas storylines sound interesting (
    The Watts taking over the Vic, kicking the Moons out, the death of Paul Truman, and the permanent departure of Den in January
    ). I did like the Sarah/Martin storyline, though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I can barely watch it these days. Kat is cat, always has been, always will be. How anyone thinks that she, Jessie Wallace, is attractive is beyond me. Shes a sllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagg as they might say in Landan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

I stopped watching Eastenders back in the summer because I was so sick of the Alfie & Kat crap that just never ends. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I too stopped watching EastEnders over the summer. Totally unbelievable storylines that go on far too long. I mean Sonia marrying Martin Fowler, who, the previous year had killed Jamie, her fiance, anyone? :rolleyes: Plus the increasing number of personality transplants is unreal. Remember how Billy Mitchell used to be a complete bully towards Jamie Mitchell in the beginning? Far too much of the Slaters, not that I'd want to see more or Pauline Fowler and her lovely beige cardigan, though... :)

The writers really need to pull their socks up otherwise it's going to go the same way as Brookside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

genie wrote:
    Plus the increasing number of personality transplants is unreal. Remember how Billy Mitchell used to be a complete bully towards Jamie Mitchell in the beginning?

He's still a short-arse but has grown as a man! Dirty Den has got the chop its been announced.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    He's still a short-arse but has grown as a man! Dirty Den has got the chop its been announced.

Mike.

Yeah - I thought he was coming back in this week? Probably just finishing hin off.

Yeah - I thought he was coming back in this week? Probably just finishing hin off.

Yeah he is. Did you not know that its filmed months in advance? or did you think it was Live? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

I know eastenders is kinda screwed really. i like alfie so thats the only reason i enjoyed the alfie/kat senario. was thinking it would be class if Alfie snogged Zoe now! Suppose the mother and daughter have shared a few men already ie Anthony,Dennis etc.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

they should all die, starting with Alfie. They should do an Emmerdale on it and drop a plane in the middle of the square while they're having one of their stomach churning sing along crappy stroylines around Xmas. Jim Branning should be the only survivor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been wondering if they've opened up an onset chippy?? Or is Beales fish and chips for real?? Even little Moe doesn't look little anymore ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

bubby wrote:
    I've been wondering if they've opened up an onset chippy?? Or is Beales fish and chips for real?? Even little Moe doesn't look little anymore ..

In fairness Jessie Wallace (Kat) is pregnant and the actress who plays Little Moe has had a baby recently.

Eastenders is def gone to the dogs though. Watch it if nothing else on. My fav charactors were Grant and Tiffany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

It just got worse cos Kat fukked it up!

Bring back Phil!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LFCFan wrote:
    they should all die, starting with Alfie. They should do an Emmerdale on it and drop a plane in the middle of the square while they're having one of their stomach churning sing along crappy stroylines around Xmas. Jim Branning should be the only survivor!

Yep I'd watch that, several times!

Jim and Dot plus the Afro-Carrabian couple are the only decent, normal-ish ppl in it. And Dots quotes the bible :eek:

Mike.

Was funny last night... Alfie Moons little brother ended up in the sack with that sexy little filly who's living with the slaters, she thought he was a big business man... eventhough he looks about 12!!

Heard on the radio that he took an overdose at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wish they would kill off character( Death by consumption of orange tan)
    Yeah I used to be a big fan of Eastenders, in fact it was the only soap I ever watched but it's become fairly cack as of late. That Ferrero Roché family are so annoying, the sooner the better they get rid of them.

Did anybody see Barbara Winsor on the Johnathon Ross show a couple of weeks ago? She was saying that a big factor in the decline of the show recently is that a lot of big story lines that they were supposed to be running with had to be dropped due to a few things but mainly due to cast members becoming ill.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I gave up watching it regularly when Arthur died... Jeez that's a long time ago.
    My Mom still watches it religiously though so I get to see it when I'm passing through sometimes. The characters are horrible now. There's very little light comedy to lift the mood. It's all doom and gloom. :confused:
    At least in Coronation St and Emerdale you have the comic characters to hold your interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

It's all doom and gloom. :confused:
    At least in Coronation St and Emerdale you have the comic characters to hold your interest.

I agree they need to lighten up a bit. Thats exactly what my Grandad calls Eastenders - Doom & Gloom - he says its nothing only filth - same man (he's nearly 81) knows all the charactors though even though he says he never watches it ;)

Bazmo - I hate the Ferrero Roché family too. Talk about doing your head in. Especially the storyline when they found out they had another brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

climaxer wrote:
    Thats exactly what my Grandad calls Eastenders - Doom & Gloom
    In my first job, no one liked working there and was always complaining and whining about how miserable they were.
    We nicknamed the company "DeadEnders" in comparison to the tv show and how everyone in it was always whining too.
    That was 13 yrs ago... goes to show how long the show has been sh1te! ;)

See Spencer tried to kill himself (in real life) because people were (rightly) saying he is a renter.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

BolBill wrote:
    See Spencer tried to kill himself (in real life) because people were (rightly) saying he is a renter.......

Should I feel guilty in that case for saying that every time he appears on screen I wanna bitchslap him into next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Anyone watching it tonight? Paul gets busted by the fuzz. They hit the big time,finding him with......er,6 grams of coke.

SIX BLOODY GRAMS??? You would think that with so much of the Eastenders cast having first hand experience with coke,that the writers would have got on the dog and bone to Daniella Westbrook to ask how much the stuff actually costs these days

Look,lads like Andy Hunter do not peddle measly 3 figure amounts of drugs,its too slow and too high risk. As Paul said,it isnt exactly Pablo Escobar. He would make what 6g is worth in his bookies in well under an hour Id imagine,he isnt going to be taking the risk of moving such small amounts about is he? I mean,6 bloody grams? The writers want us to believe hes the hardest man in the east end and hes movin around piddlin amounts like this? My granny has moved bigger amounts around in her time

What I dont understand is that someone like Paul would know full well that he would most probably get off with a non custodial sentence. After all,he has no previous drug convictions and its a small amount. If they wanted him to be caught with an amount that would make you **** yourself prison wise,how come they didnt have him get arrested with that big lump of hash he had in his dads house the other week? It was at least a kilo.
    BTW did he leave or was he thrown out along with Den,the Indians(who I never thought were as terrible as the papers made out in all fairness) and a few others? Was one of the better actors on it tbh

EDIT- And why would Dennis be about to dump pretty young Zoe(her of the otherwise pug fugly Slaters)in favour of his adopted sister whos knocking on 40s door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

Tha Gopher wrote:
    What I dont understand is that someone like Paul would know full well that he would most probably get off with a non custodial sentence.
    Wasnt he imprisoned for hit and run a few years earlier...

Anyway the show is cr@p, I think because its on too many times a week so the quality suffers.
    That blonde gobby one Denise Van Outen is joining in the new year. part of a new family. Might liven it up a bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Anyone watching it tonight? Paul gets busted by the fuzz. They hit the big time,finding him with......er,6 grams of coke.

SIX BLOODY GRAMS??? You would think that with so much of the Eastenders cast having first hand experience with coke,that the writers would have got on the dog and bone to Daniella Westbrook to ask how much the stuff actually costs these days

Look,lads like Andy Hunter do not peddle measly 3 figure amounts of drugs,its too slow and too high risk. As Paul said,it isnt exactly Pablo Escobar. He would make what 6g is worth in his bookies in well under an hour Id imagine,he isnt going to be taking the risk of moving such small amounts about is he? I mean,6 bloody grams? The writers want us to believe hes the hardest man in the east end and hes movin around piddlin amounts like this? My granny has moved bigger amounts around in her time

What I dont understand is that someone like Paul would know full well that he would most probably get off with a non custodial sentence. After all,he has no previous drug convictions and its a small amount. If they wanted him to be caught with an amount that would make you **** yourself prison wise,how come they didnt have him get arrested with that big lump of hash he had in his dads house the other week? It was at least a kilo.

you do realise it's not real yeh??? although i think Paul is one of the best actors on the thing..

Yeah but have you seen the boots that Sharon wears, I reckon Dennis likes the Dominatrix thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Tha Gopher wrote:

BTW did he leave or was he thrown out along with Den,the Indians(who I never thought were as terrible as the papers made out in all fairness) and a few others? Was one of the better actors on it tbh

EDIT- And why would Dennis be about to dump pretty young Zoe(her of the otherwise pug fugly Slaters)in favour of his adopted sister whos knocking on 40s door?

Agree, 6 grams is measily!I mean only worth about 500 euro!.....hardly big time drug dealer now!it would be more believable for Christmas personal use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Tha Gopher wrote:
    BTW did he leave or was he thrown out ?

Says in "inside soap" that he quit. The person I hate most in EE is Sam mitchell. She acts like a little girl all the time and the way the media refers to her as "Phil and Grants' baby sister" really bugs me she's like 25++++!

I used to like it at one stage - gave up on it a long time ago - now just stick to Corrie and sometimes Emmerdale.

Advertisement