Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paulo Coelho

Options
  • 04-11-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has read anything of his other than The Alchemist?

Or to put it another way has anyone read any of the following:
    Eleven Minutes, The Fifth Mountain, The Pilgrimage, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, The Devil and Miss Prym, The Valkyries and Veronika Decides to Die

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yes: Eleven Minutes, The Fifth Mountain, The Valkyries and Veronika Decides to Die.

Some of them are in your house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

And The Alchemist obviously, and The Manual of the Warrior of Light (weird).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

I've only read The Alchemist and Eleven Minutes... Loved the Alchemist, Eleven minutes was good, but.. meh.. if you're gonna write soft pr0n, don't pretend otherwise. Also, as a woman, I couldn't help but laugh at a few of his descriptions, they seemed a little inaccurate. But I *think* he writes in his native tongue, and so the english translation might be a little distorted I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

But I *think* he writes in his native tongue, and so the english translation might be a little distorted I guess...
    Yes he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

I've only read Veronika decides to die, and it blew me away. Brilliant book with a great twist. Definitely worth reading for its own merits, but especially if you're of a melancholic nature. It's (he's) sympathetic in a logical kind of way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement