Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else hear Dunphy's apology on 106?

Options
  • 04-11-2004 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

He was apologising about what he said about the property section in the Irish Times being biased towards the seller of properties and that he thought
    the estate agents had huge input into the editorial comments on property.

I think he's dead right about it. The property section is full of estate agents twaddle
    "a rare opportunity to obtain...."
    "comes to the market..."
    "well-presented..."
    "in need of modernisation..."

it's fairly obvious to me that the Journo's get a good lunch from the estate agents.
    They NEVER give a property a bad write up.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

Yip, property sections are pretty much full of direct quotes and reported speech from estate agents. Its a big ad for them and the journalists choose dubious methods to decide what they put in. I used to work in a property company and they usually only advertised if they got editorial. Its a racket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

The IT property section is mere pronograhy... beautiful high maintenance gaffs that I hive no chance of ever bedding.... sorry, buying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

He's right to be honest. I wonder what made him apologise, pressure from The Times or something..?

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ad revenue from myhome.ie ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

what about nicemove.ie. It always seems to be their property that is given the big feature. Is that company an irish times subsidary?

• Advertisement
Advertisement