Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Extension

Options
  • 04-11-2004 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the weights room in the gym is going to be moved to the same building as the swimming pool and is it going to be expanded with more equipment?

A noticeable missing piece of equipment is a squat rack. Anyone know if the hip abductor machine as been fixed (haven't been in there in the last couple of weeks)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Bah, the weights in the gym are absolute muck!

The seats etc. on some of 'em are either too high or too low and their hardly adjustable at all!

I'd rather do work with free weights than use some of them and risk injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

OFDM wrote:
    Does anyone know if the weights room in the gym is going to be moved to the same building as the swimming pool and is it going to be expanded with more equipment?

Yeah I think so. I lived with a supervisor (who has since left) and according to her, the plan was to move the weights into the new wing and buy more treadmills, etc for the existing part of the gym.

Who knows when all this might happen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

OFDM wrote:

A noticeable missing piece of equipment is a squat rack. Anyone know if the hip abductor machine as been fixed (haven't been in there in the last couple of weeks)?

No, its still bust, and has been i'd say for the last 5 months. They do definitely need a squat rack, and possibly a slant board and some heavier dumbbells. The other day i saw a guy squat by having 2 guys lift the bar at either end up onto his shoulders. Its a method that had never occured to me, but it does require 2 spotters, so its not reallly ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

And speak of the devil, ALL NEW DUMBBELL RACK!

Its all in KGs this time, so theres no stupid metric conversion to do in your head, and there's all the way up to 40kgs now by 2.5s! Its much needed, but not as much as a squat rack. Hopefully thats next on the agenda! although i'm not sure if theres room for it. They'd probably need another Olympic for it too.

Advertisement