Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watchmen

Options
  • 28-03-2000 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Any one read this ? Its a graphical novel (comic) by Alan Moore and its fugging brilliant.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It's fantastic. The ending, the pirate story running through it, the characters, the dialog - everything about is classic stuff.

Still, it doesn't beat "Dark night Returns" as the best Graphic Novel, but comes a very close 2nd.

Draco

Frank Miller wrote Dark Night Returns as well as Batman:Year One (and Year Two I think).

Anyone read The Long Holloween? A very cool Batman Mystery.

Dr-(Do you want to ride with Batman?)-aco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

"im batman, would you like to ride with batman, would you like that"

/me rotfl,

best ad in years ,
    hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Youd better vote for it so Wyverne smile.gif

Theres some Advert awards going on at the moment... polling for the best ads etc.

That one was a classic smile.gif

On the subject of Watchmen.. where can I get my hands on it?

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

who wrote that ?
    I want more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its classic all right
    but i actually prefer arkum asylum.
    flippin good stuff tis so it is

Either of the comic shops in Dublin (Sub City and Forbidden Planet), and a good few of the bigger bookshops (Easons, Hodges and Figges, Waterstones) have it.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

It's brilliant, it actually beats the dark knight returns in my terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

11 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 spanx

Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah I'd prefer it to DKR as well. Have to give em both a re-read though, both fantastic pieces in their own right. I remember finishing Watchmen for the first time. holy sh1t. what a story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Well the movie was utter crap so the book is probably good :rolleyes: I always go for the same type of books so this might be something that could break the routine.

Advertisement