Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay on New Ring Road?

Options
  • 02-11-2004 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the new ring road this morning, and I saw some cops and lots of people in yellow jackets (not cops) holding up traffic coming the other way (causing quite a tailback). Anyone know what it was about? It didn't look like the usual tax+insurance check.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

sounds like customs and excise to me, i remember something similar happening on the shannon road one day; i was on my bike and they waved me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think so.... This road is 25 miles from Shannon Airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

TmB wrote:

But they do customs checks anywhere. It's checking for diesal

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

TmB wrote:

I've seen customs stopping a bunch of trucks out past Daly's Cross in Castleconnell on two occasions in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It might have been a census stop. I passed through two last week. One on the dock road and one just up from the Crescent Shopping centre. One Garda and four or five people with clipboards. Didnt get stopped myself. Just saw a sign both times with "Census" on it.

Just on the customs thing I was in a mates car on Friday going from Gort to Loughrea in Galway and we were stopped on a back road where they were checking for diesel. Female officer asked us to pull in and a male officer came up to the car. Mate said that he was driving a petrol car. Officer says "so why did you pull in". Some manners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I passed this "census" stop,whats that all about?

Advertisement