Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route & timetable changes -13/A, 17A, 27b, 86, 102, 111, 120

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

Interesting... wondering has anyone as yet seen a #120 at Ashtown Station ? ... and if they have does anyone know how it gets from Ratoath Road to there ?

As far as I know the Pelletstown develeopment is I think the huge apartment complex being built along the Royal Canal Bank - but I'm pretty sure you can't drive through it at the minute - does it go down River Road (could you get a Double Decker bus down that?)

(also isn't the "new improved timetable" actually a reduction in frequency - the 120 used to be every 7 minutes during the day I think... now it's every 10 minutes by the looks of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

Oh thats just great. Make the 27b route longer so that now, it will be impossible to get on as it would be full by the time it get to Ardlea. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

weehamster wrote:
    Oh thats just great. Make the 27b route longer so that now, it will be impossible to get on as it would be full by the time it get to Ardlea. :mad:

They may put more Buses on that route,so it could be for the better.

its only better for the new routes. The 27b was a good route to use as I was guarentee a seat. And more buses doesnt mean a better service. Just look at the 27 on the Malahide Road. Every 7 mins but the time it get to Artane, there are 3 or 4 buses bunched behind each other fighting for road space and all full.

We have to stop extending routes longer and Dub Bus must start using a interconnector bus system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Dub13 wrote:
    They may put more Buses on that route,so it could be for the better.

.... This has been a party political broadcast on behalf of the Government! :)

X

• Advertisement

weehamster wrote:
    its only better for the new routes. The 27b was a good route to use as I was guarentee a seat. And more buses doesnt mean a better service. Just look at the 27 on the Malahide Road. Every 7 mins but the time it get to Artane, there are 3 or 4 buses bunched behind each other fighting for road space and all full.

We have to stop extending routes longer and Dub Bus must start using a interconnector bus system.

So what should people who live futher out do if you dont want to extend the routes....?

As for Buses beeing bunched behind each other that would be because they dont have Bus Lanes all the way into the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

The pvr (Peak Vehicle Requirement) on the 27B has been increased by 1. The 13/A have increased by 2.

The 111 and 48A have each lost a bus - in the case of the 48A they haven't changed the timetable !!!

"o what should people who live futher out do if you dont want to extend the routes....?"

oh I understand, it just that the curent system where ever bus route goes goes into to the city centr whcich causes congestion in the suburbs nearer to the city.

A 'node' type system is now needed where you get a bus to a 'interconnector' station and from there you get a bus that goes directly into the city centre.

'As for Buses beeing bunched behind each other that would be because they dont have Bus Lanes all the way into the city'

The 27 route which I referred to is on the Malahide Road and is a so called QBC,

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

The 111 and 48A have each lost a bus - in the case of the 48A they haven't changed the timetable !!!

Steve, therefore which peak hour services are cancelled? Or should I stick to the tram?

Enterprise,

In their wisdom they haven't explained how they can reduce the 48A from 12 buses to 11 without altering the timetable . . .

On the subject of cuts, there was a very sneaky unadvertised alteration to the 86 recently - they have cancelled all the remaining outbound journeys, there is now only one bus a day, inwards.

They new timetable is on their site, but they never actually *told anyone* that they had changed it . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In their wisdom they haven't explained how they can reduce the 48A from 12 buses to 11 without altering the timetable
    I haven't worked this out, but if the busses are operating at a materially higher operating speed because of Luas, have they been able to cut loiter time at the terminus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Interesting... wondering has anyone as yet seen a #120 at Ashtown Station ? ... and if they have does anyone know how it gets from Ratoath Road to there ?

As far as I know the Pelletstown develeopment is I think the huge apartment complex being built along the Royal Canal Bank - but I'm pretty sure you can't drive through it at the minute - does it go down River Road (could you get a Double Decker bus down that?)

AFAIK it will be a few months before the road through Pelletstown is open, until then the 120 won't go to Ashtown station.

weehamster wrote:

That is highly unlikely, the existing routes from Santry and Ballymun to the city are much more direct than the 27B so not many people will be using it for those journeys.

The main reason for extending it to Harristown is that the route has transferred to the newly opened garage there and the staff breaks/changeovers are to take place at the depot rather than the city centre. As the buses are going to the depot it is sensible to have them in service rather than passing potential passengers by out of service.

John R wrote:
    That is highly unlikely, the existing routes from Santry and Ballymun to the city are much more direct than the 27B so not many people will be using it for those journeys.

Good point. Your right there. I'll keep my fingers crossed just incase ;)

You also have a new link to the Airport....well the Long term car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

John R wrote:
    AFAIK it will be a few months before the road through Pelletstown is open, until then the 120 won't go to Ashtown station.

Thanks JohnR ... makes sense alright - though it's bit silly them putting "FROM ASHTOWN STATION" at the top of the timetable then .. I hope not too many people try waiting for the bus there !

Any takers on the fact that this is a reduction in frequency - I must check the t-table on one or the stops as it's probably not yet been updated .. but I'm fairly sure it operated more frequently that every 10 mins before the "improved timetable"

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Thanks JohnR ... makes sense alright - though it's bit silly them putting "FROM ASHTOWN STATION" at the top of the timetable then .. I hope not too many people try waiting for the bus there !

Any takers on the fact that this is a reduction in frequency - I must check the t-table on one or the stops as it's probably not yet been updated .. but I'm fairly sure it operated more frequently that every 10 mins before the "improved timetable"

Dublin Bus works in strange ways!

TBH honest a 10 min frequency is still very good. A "improved timetable" might mean better utilisilation of buses, example: they will stick to the timetable better.

Expect another brace of timetable changes this weekend, as stage 2 of Harristown opens - will involve a lot of route transfers between Conyngham Road, Phibsboro, Broadstone and Harristown, with new schedules, and some minor alterations.

The old timetable had less departures than the new one, except for Saturdays and Sundays which seem to be slightly reduced.

The 120 has an increased frequency on weekdays with this change, it used to be every 15 minutes for most of the day now it is every 10 minutes. There are 85 departures each way, previously there was 75.

One of the biggest improvements with this latest series of changes is that DB are finally introducing regular clockface timetables, all of the changed routes have regular intervals and departures at the same minutes past every hour. As long as they are given enough time for each journey it should give a more predictable service, at least outside peak times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement