Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian McFadden on The Late Late Show

Options
  • 01-11-2004 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Did anyone see him on The Late Late Show on Friday night. I didn't but 3 people have said it to me that he was the biggest eejit ever since seeing it. Of course i knew he was a toss pot anyway but the radio presenters keep on going on about it today too so i wanna know WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They played an audio clip from the interview on the 2FM news on Friday night in which he said he didn't break up with Kerry over the phone. However, he then said he was on the phone to her when he told her he didn't love her any more and the marrige was over. So I fail to see how this is not breaking up over the phone?

I think he's an eejit anyway, and this doesn't do much to sway my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

He opened up his heart and explained what happened to the happy couple. My gf was very moved. He's a sop head. Sang a song for his daughters. :rolleyes:

I've a feeling it was a "put Brian in the best possible light" exercise

He can actually sing, which did surprise me.

btw. Pat Kenny is brutal. David McSavage said some bold words and he nearly died. Funny. The Late Late is good tho :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yeah, poor old brian looked so upset, the whole freakin world is against him, he jus screamed ''have pity and sympathy for me''

But hes rich so i guess he can get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Oh ok, i was wondering what went on!! So basically he played the innocent guy so people would buy his new single (which is pure *(^(&* by the way!). Thanks for clearing up the matter for me guys :)

Danni wrote:
    Oh ok, i was wondering what went on!! So basically he played the innocent guy so people would buy his new single (which is pure *(^(&* by the way!). Thanks for clearing up the matter for me guys :)

Yip.

He had to end it so that he could still love Kerry without being in love. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

LMAO!! Check your rep by the way! Thanks for filling me in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

jaysus I never seen such a low life than Brian on friday.......Kerry is lucky t :o be rid I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I saw him on Frank Skinner - didn't get to watch it all but Frank did say what a lot of us think ie he lost weight, grew a beard and became sexy. Even though he does look sexy he's personality would turn me off of him.

jaysus I never seen such a low life than Brian on friday.......Kerry is lucky t :o be rid I think

My gf thought he was so sweet. :rolleyes:

And she said he got even better looking :rolleyes:

I wonder if Pat would bring on kerry on to give her side. I really doubt it.

He is known as a hornbag, so how do people believe the **** he comes out with.
    Maybe I'm being harsh ;)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

When you listen to the words of his No1 single and compare what he does whan he leaves westlife , seems like the sentiment of the song is bollocks ..

But then again his co-writer , Guy Chambers did something very similar with Robbie Williams when he left Take That .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

narommy wrote:

btw. Pat Kenny is brutal. David McSavage said some bold words and he nearly died. Funny. The Late Late is good tho :confused:

Yeah that was classic!! That Kenny fella didn't know whether to laugh or cry... I'd say Brendan O'Carroll was disgusted cos he's a vulgar git at times but always tones it down when he gets invited onto the show, but then this relative newbie gets to swear his arse off and most of it wasn't even funny...!
    Roll on the Toy Show!!!

It turns out that Tommy Tiernan was on the previous week and got over 300 complaints so Pat was in trouble already and then this David McSavage comes on. Probably knowing this and goes to town too. Class.

He did tame it down tho. Seen him in Templebar square and he is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Roll on the Toy Show!!!

:) I LOVE the Toy Show - such happy memories watching it as a kid - not the same when you're an adult but still good all the same. I love when Dustin is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I'd never heard of this David McSavage guy until I saw the repeat last night, and he was brutal, positively cringeworthy to watch. Is he supposed to be a satirist or what? Certainly no comedic talent anyhow.

Anyone catch the phone number for the competition? Its usually a 1550 or 1570 one.....its for my mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

McSavage is fairly well regarded by the media for his work in Vicar Street and around Temple Bar. Met him once on the quays - nice enough guy - he was with Ross Noble, who didn't look too great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

narommy wrote:
    Sang a song for his daughters. :rolleyes:
    I guess they might be even happier if he had waited to make sure he could live with their mother before bringing them into the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

The late late show interview did not improve my opinion of Brian McFadden one bit!

He is a selfish pig, who only thinks of himself. Quote 'I wasn't happy, so when you're not happy, you can't make the other person happy'. Balls!

If he hadn't done the dirt on his wife-to-be on his stag night, would they still be together! Things like that always come back to bite you in the bum. Plus the fact that there was renewed media interest in the stag night event didn't help them one bit.....

He's scum.....loaded scum but scum!

End of rant, apologies to all.....probably got up on the wrong side of the bed this morn!!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

NoelRock wrote:
    he was with Ross Noble, who didn't look too great!

I think that is the way Noble always looks...funny guy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Swarfboy

Yep McFadden is a total twat.
    His latest single was the worst drivel I've heard in years let alone jumping on the abused bandwagon....Believe me I know he was not abused by the Brothers... He is wreckin the heads of those that were and they are pissed at this boy.... So the sooner he pales away into insignificance (where he came from) the better! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

NoelRock wrote:
    McSavage is fairly well regarded by the media...
    ...while the rest of us regard him as an unfunny tit.

The question I'd like to know is who pulled out of the Late Late star slot that night? McSavage in comedic terms is only a journeyman, and not a very good one at that. He was obviously a last minute replacement.

I remember part of his street act was to pick out passers by and generally make fun of them to the crowd he was playing to. He dropped doing the street comedy because he was chinned several times by a few of his more vocal critics. It probably didn't help that he used to tease some of the Grafton St. beat Gardì either.

As for McFadden - he opened his heart, we opened our bowels.

...and just when you think that the Late Late can't be any more scrotum tightening to watch...ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Did anybody see CDUK on saturday morning. Kerry McFadden was co-presenting it.. at one point the other presenter was talking about marraige and Kerry McFadden kept booing and saying 'no to marriage' (or something to that effect).

Advertisement