Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap fares today - why?

Options
  • 01-11-2004 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

85c to UCD when it should have been €1.25. What's the occasion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

"Beat the Monday Blues with Dublin Bus"

Simply a special offer available between 10.00 & 13.00.

More details at:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/dublin_bus_news.asp?action=view&news_id=376

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Hilarious.

Why?

Didn't you get a cheap fare out of it! You should be pleased with Dublin Bus. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Took off on a bus earlier and the driver didn't know anything about the deal. I just paid 85c and told him about the deal.

Took off on a bus earlier and the driver didn't know anything about the deal. I just paid 85c and told him about the deal.

That doesn't surprise me! ;)

• Advertisement

enterprise wrote:
    Why?

Didn't you get a cheap fare out of it! You should be pleased with Dublin Bus. :D:D
    Ah because if they're trying to help us beat the Monday Blues, shouldn't they offer the cheaper price at times when actually use the buses to get to work or school? You know, the whole reason why people get so depressed on Monday?

You know, usually PR stunts work they they actually offer something a little more than empty promises.

It's kind of like offering free suicide counselling to people only when they're feeling great, or something equally as dumb.

Didn't you avail of the bus to go to School (aka UCD)???

Most special offers like this with any public transport provider are at off-peak times only when there is spare capacity in the system.

You couldn't do it during the peak periods.

Of course I did, I got the bus at 11.30 or something. I'm sure capacity is an excuse, but not an entirely fair excuse. If it's profit margins they're concerned about, it'd make more sense to have the promotions on-peak.

The concern is probably a bit of both. It's just a really weakly conceived, but nonetheless welcome, Dublin Bus promotion.

Advertisement