Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.

Options
  • 01-11-2004 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Greetings folks,

I am planning to learn Spanish at home with an occasional help of tutor. An I am planing to use platiquemos (www.platiquemos-letstalk.com/)CDs for that purpose.

I am aware that there is a difference between offical Spanish used in Spain and Latin Spanish used in US and Latin America. The course mentioned above uses Latin Spanish. I plan to use my spanish in Europe mainly but maybe in US a well. The question I have would it be better for me to learn two different versions at once so I can use both? Is that possible at all providing I have a tutor here? And is there any good products on the market that could help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well to be perfectly honest if you know one you know the other. Knowing what I do in spanish (spoken by us puerto ricans) I understand people from Spain and also from Italy...and thats Italian. It is all very similar so if you know one you wont have a problem understanding the other ;)

goodluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Alex27

Thanks a lot :)

The reason I asked was becouse I been told that if you are doing business in Spain you are better to speak so called classic Spanish and if you are in US its better to use Latin Spanish. All comes to a slightly different way to pronounce some words.

Would that be true?

Best regards,

Alex.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I would suggest you learn the Spaish from spain, the only difference to our speaking is that they are more proper...a lot of the spanish you will hear in the US is slang and whatnot...learn your 'Spain' spanish and you will be fine ;)

Advertisement