Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine for ROI Sub In UK pub

Options
  • 31-10-2004 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

My local pup (in London) has just been taken to court by Sky and fined stg£2000 for having an ROI sub for the GAA. Don’t know how people like me that have an ROI sub in there house outside Ireland stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

More than likely it was the Setanta police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭ozsat

I expect it is Sky - has the 'Sky' card is being used against the agreed T&C.

If he has an ROI card in the UK - then he can watch Premiership football - and this is what has given broadcasters victory in high profile court cases before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

you should be ok as long as you dont go broadcasting to every joe soap in the street that you have a roi card. the only reason that the pub was caught was because sky pay the music rights people to go around and check pubs have the correct card. they are hardly likely gonna check every house in the uk for the correct card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭zt

They would have got the same fine for using a domestic UK card. Sky issue special cards for businesses and pubs.

Here is the sky link on business subscriptions:

http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,91040-1086271,00.html

Advertisement