Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Born Killers

Options
  • 25-08-2001 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if natural Born WILL actually be on tonight...or is it (really) just a cheap ploy ot get a load of people watching to boost ratings, whereby they will replace a good film with a cheap-ass piece-of-**** TVM???

Beware the power of a well trained mob
    Hobbes - Ooohh Shinji I would accuse you of Equestrian necrophilia but I would just be flogging a dead horse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

well that question has answered itself by now,and they didnt cut it to pieces too.
    well done tv3!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

it twas on tv 3 last nite!i didnt like it though!

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

the longer you watched it the better it got,
    but i still have to wonder why it was banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Thought it was pretty crappy t.b.h.

as for why it was banned. it made killin ppl cool and mmmmmmmm had like 2 people in lovin killing people cos they enjoyed it. and emmmmm they had a happy ending, which is just not allowed to happen bad naughty people in films, didn't you know that. I think the woody harerlson guy(can never remember character names, duh) was talking about his the film when he was on the bed watching like chaninsaw masacre, why don't they kiss and ****?

Also had faith and stuff. weird. mmmmmmm i dunno they ban loads and then change their minds like when bloody tv programs and other **** filters through and people get more desenseatised. Like i saw planet of the apes (also crap) and pretty violent at the end for a 12's film. :S (i'm 19 now by the way) and in my day... lol...i'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I watched for the first time last night and was really impressed with the cinimatography.
    They imagery that showed the killers mindset was really well done,in fact i half wondered was it this realism that worried the Isish censors, rather than the actual killing.
    I mean there wasnt anything in there that you dont see every day on telly, just the way it was put together was very clever, really impressed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Ah, no.

I missed it.
    SHould really check the owl TV listings more often :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I think there were a few reasons (death scenes) why they banned it.

I would have liked to have seen the version that Tarantino wanted. Apparently Oliver Stone butchered the screenplay and so Quentin got his name removed.

It was completely over the top and I think it wasn't great at all. He could have edited it better too. Tried too hard to be MTV stylee.

Stone did the same kinda crap on Any Given Sunday. Quick shots of the mysterious guy in the stands. Ooooh coool.

Remember watching it years ago on a Scandanavian Movie channel, since it was banned here. Have it on tape somewhere. Watched it once and that was it.

[This message has been edited by yellum (edited 26-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by havok*:
    Ah, no.

I missed it.
    SHould really check the owl TV listings more often :/
    </font>

Its out on video now

Go & rent it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

too lazy mikill too god damn lazy biggrin.gif

"It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to hide the truth ... a prison for your mind." im talking about CS not the matrix
    =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Do go and rent it. It is really worth seeing in it's true uncut form.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The FANJ:
    Do go and rent it. It is really worth seeing in it's true uncut form.</font>

Just curious FANJ, how sure are you that the version doing the rounds here is the director's cut?

The running time for the UK/Ireland version is listed on the BBFC site as 114 minutes, but my (definitely uncut)R4 DVD is 117 mins, and my (uncut) NTSC Tape is about 123 minutes long(~117 minutes PAL). On the other hand, my cut Australian VHS of it is only 114 minutes - just like the version over here.

The version here even has the cover of the old cut version.

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 27-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I watched it on and off(was doing hot seat CS with brother)
    The jail riot scene where Tommy Lee jones is killed by the Inmates was cool. Woody walking right in his face and nota damn thing he could do.
    I agree the cinematogophy was class. I can see why they banned it though.
    Not all I expected.
    Is Leon available ehre, or will i have to get a DivX?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,287 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    the longer you watched it the better it got, but i still have to wonder why it was banned? </font>

Copycat murders at the time of the movie release.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak:

Is Leon available ehre, or will i have to get a DivX?
    </font>

HMV have the original version in their 2 for IEP25 sale right now. The version integrale is available on Region 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The running time for the UK/Ireland version is listed on the BBFC site as 114 minutes, but my (definitely uncut)R4 DVD is 117 mins, and my (uncut) NTSC Tape is about 123 minutes long(~117 minutes PAL). On the other hand, my cut Australian VHS of it is only 114 minutes - just like the version over here.</font>
    My word.
    Just how many copies of a bad film do you really need?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ObeyGiant:
    Just how many copies of a bad film do you really need?</font>

wink.gifsmile.gif. Hehe. I'm just a sucker for films you can't get in Ireland. Every time I'm abroad I wind up bringing back a shedload of unwatchable sh|t. wink.gif

Advertisement