Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akira Limited Edition DVD

Options
  • 28-08-2001 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

This little beauty popped in thru my door today. Its years since I've seen it and I was really looking forward to seeing it again. Well I've only watched half of it and all I can say is wow, Pioneer have made and excellent DVD of this, the Picture & the Sound are excellent.

I would recommend this DVD to anyone whose into Sci-Fi (not a Manga/Anime fan myself but Akira is special). Loads of interesting extras on the 2nd disc as well.

Gandalf.

(Btw I may have a second copy of the Limited Edition Tin that I can sell owing to Tower Records actually shipping me one when they said they couldn't get them anymore, I'll keep you lot posted on this)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Are they out over here, or where u ordering from the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by havok*:
    Are they out over here, or where u ordering from the US ?</font>

From the US, I doubt they will be out here.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Royal pain in the a$$......all the animes i watch are region 1 and i'm scared to use a firmware (i might **** up) I WANT TENCHI DVDS BOO HOO HOO......

i'm forced to get tapes frown.giffrown.gif

I'll pay someone to come over here and firmware my dvd drive without fu(king up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Its EASY to firmare a DVD drive biggrin.gif

Go for it!

I got the plain version of Akira on DVD and I have to say it ROCKS, excellent picture quality and a story that gets better every time you watch it.

BTW, get The Castle of Cagliostro, even if your not an anime fan it rocks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Id be interested in that second copy Gandalf. Bive me a buzz if youre still selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'll wait until the 2nd copy arrives and let you know ok.

Gandalf.

Advertisement