Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the City

Options
  • 29-10-2004 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

So any Sex and the City fans out there. I love that programme. Had the girlie night in and everything for the final show :o . What did you think of the final episode? Who's your favourite charactor? I like them all but if I was really pushed I'd have to pick Samantha ;) . The sexiest man on it was Aidan (one of Carrie's boyf's).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Climaxer

I should have guessed you'd be a fan.....

Love the show too, I miss it sooooooo much! Loved the ending, sucker for a happy one. Hated the Russian, Aidan was nice but I always hoped she'd get with big!

If I had to pick one..............Carrie would be my favourite! But I loved all the girls....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

sanncoo wrote:
    Climaxer

I should have guessed you'd be a fan.....

Love the show too, I miss it sooooooo much! Loved the ending, sucker for a happy one. Hated the Russian, Aidan was nice but I always hoped she'd get with big!

If I had to pick one..............Carrie would be my favourite! But I loved all the girls....

LOL how would you guess that!

I loved all the girls too:

Miranda's quirkiness and when she had Brady it was fun to watch. Steve is great for her.

Samantha is just brilliant - she was the actress who played the maniquin in "Maniquin". She still looks amazing.

Charlotte is prim and proper but is great when she loosens up!

Carrie is great too. She's not really that good looking but is still stunning I think. Depends what she wears. Glad she got Mr. Big in the end too. His name was something real plain - cant remember it now though :confused:

I still watch the re-runs on digital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The T.V. show was good.

Pasty Irish girls attempting to "live the New York lifestyle" is laughable.

Sleipnir wrote:
    The T.V. show was good.

Where are they? Havn't seen any of them around :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Big's name was John......which was kinda disappointing! But then, what could they call him that would have suited?

I miss it as well, my boyf was delighted when it ended :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sleipnir wrote:
    The T.V. show was good.

rofl, so true.

Why were they so obsessed with getting married in that show?

Have they not heard of sperm banks and vibrators?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

So glad to see the back of that show! A version with three blokes would be way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Also, why do they always leave their bras on during sex???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

climaxer wrote:
    Where are they? Havn't seen any of them around :confused:

Oh I have. I worked with a few who were in tears when it ended, fell over themselves roaring about their manolo shoes (even though most of them had never been out of Nike for more than an hour) and put on fake NY accents every now again to 'WOW' people.

Sleipnir wrote:
    Oh I have. I worked with a few who were in tears when it ended, fell over themselves roaring about their manolo shoes (even though most of them had never been out of Nike for more than an hour) and put on fake NY accents every now again to 'WOW' people.

That is sad - I hate false accents or any mockness for that matter. I am what I am.

Simu - only Charlotte was obsessed with getting married. The rest of them especially Samantha were quite happy shagging around and using their sex toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

meepmeep wrote:
    I miss it as well, my boyf was delighted when it ended :(

same here!!! ;) what's the deal like, how come the boyf's hated it so much! :rolleyes: you'd think they'd have liked it.. I never get as much grief over watching anything else :confused:

I can understand why we all loved it, it was an escape for the hour or so that it was on!

As Climaxer said, only Charlotte was obsessed with marriage, Samantha was obsessed with shagging, Carrie with clothes/shoes, Miranda with work (until baby came along!).

The reason for the bra's I think was somehting to do with the watershed....though saying that Samantha often went bra-less!!!

Got series 6 for my burpday....had a SATC day on Sunday!!!

S

sanncoo wrote:
    I can understand why we all loved it, it was an escape for the hour or so that it was on!

As Climaxer said, only Charlotte was obsessed with marriage, Samantha was obsessed with shagging, Carrie with clothes/shoes, Miranda with work (until baby came along!).

The reason for the bra's I think was somehting to do with the watershed....though saying that Samantha often went bra-less!!!

Got series 6 for my burpday....had a SATC day on Sunday!!!

S

Oh yes escape I did - watching Aidan on screen and I'd be on another planet - he is so sexy.

What's your favourite episode / moment?

One of the funniest moments is when Samantha meets a guy who is Very Well Endowed and thinks he's fully in and he's not.

Happy burpday to you !

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

it was such a class show. abit hard not to love it. i loved mr big. he's the guy that is wrong for you but you always want. one of the funniest things was when big came up to the country to see carrie after he broke up with the movie star and him&aidan had he fight out in the mud. that was class! how hot was aidan second time round. as if he wasnt hot enough in the first place!!!

loved the scence too when big is moving to LA to his vineyard and there in his apartment and the two of them are danicng to "Moon River" then he turns to Carrie and says "see Gotcha" then the record starts skippng ----aaaaaaaaaaa! the memories!

im not a fan!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

I just started watching this show not to long ago.....then ran out and bought the first season. I Love it. Samantha has GOT to be my favorite ! She's just into the sex, marriage scares her ....why settle for just one when you can have so many.

/sigh

I wanna be her when I grow up . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd have to say my fav would be samantha, dirty cow. Then charlotte, as shes cuter than Carrie, and carrie has a wart on her face. And I hate the ginger cow, really annoying and she has a kid too, zero points for her.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For all you SATC fans, maybe you should save up for THIS.

It's £97stg (€141) which is a lot of money but it is the entire collection. Maybe you should stick it on your Xmas list! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

478902l.jpg

oooohhhhhh :D sounds like a plan!!! thanks ;)

I now have series 3, 4 , 5 & 6 and my best bud has 1 & 2....so defeats the purpose of getting that! But saying that...I could get it for Xmas and give my DVD's to my bud or perhaps Vice Versa!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH it's so preeeetty and soooooooooooooo pink! :D

Advertisement