Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats & Dogs

Options
  • 11-08-2001 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I went to see this movie a few days ago, and overall I found it to be a total dissapointment.

I am a big fan of the Toy Story, Shrek like humour. Where it is basically a theme targetted @ kids, but will entertain everybody. Cats and Dogs is not like that at all.

It is a movie targetted @ kids and will not impress an older audience @ all. It;s a typical kids movie where you get lines like "OK Dudes, lets blow this joint...". Since I'm a big Dog lover myself, and the though of a movie where Cats and Dogs talk and go to war, actually appeals to me. But this movie could have been so much more, but obviously its not.

If your tastes are anything like mine, keep away from it! 2/10.

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

well now, i have to say i really enjoyed it.
    Leave your brain at the door and enjoy it for the great fluff that it is. Some great visual gags in it smile.gif and movie take offs galore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Bah, I loved it. I was in tears laughing at a lot of the scenes with the cats - stupid, silly, childish fun. The rest of the audience seemed to agree, since I've never heard an audience laugh so loud as at the "Because I hate you" line smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yes i have to agree with rob
    i thoguht it was very funny and thourougy enjoyed it biggrin.gif

that big white cat 0wned and had come class lines

"stop moving - i have to crush you"

LOL

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya there were some funny bits but the film as a whole was a bit boreing...

i love the bit near the end when the cat is up on his podium: "...A HOW DO I INTEND TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!? ... well if you just open your 'world domination' handbooks to page 3...." LMAO class biggrin.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

3or4 laughable moments. otherwise, pretty cack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

"CATS RULE"

i havnt seen it but i luv tha in the ad biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hey... It was pretty ****. The dogs annoyed the pants off me... But I /loved/ the Cats. Evil Cats is just Comedy in a Bag.

Evil Cat: "You stay here..."

Other cat: "Wh-wh-why?!"

Evil Cat: "Because I hate you."

Russian: "HAH! I may look cute an' cudly... But in the inside? GRANITE!"
    -Dark-Angel-

Advertisement