Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the film???

Options
  • 08-08-2001 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I need help trying to figure out the name of this film....

Recent inside last 2yrs. About an astroid (spelling?) heading for Earth.

It features CNBC news (as far as I can remember). A spaceship with a nuke goes up to blow it up.

NB: It's not Armageddon, I assure you!

TIA,
    Joe

Joe Leavy
    Newgrove On - Line
    joe@newgrove.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ehraz

deep impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 newgrove

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ehraz:
    deep impact?</font>

God damm it YES!!!!!! [b/]

THANKS a million!!!

Joe Leavy
    Newgrove On - Line
    joe@newgrove.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by newgrove:
    God damm it YES!!!!!! [b/]

THANKS a million!!!

</font>

Worst asteroid hitting Earth film ever - my god it was a shíte film!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Worst asteroid hitting Earth film ever - my god it was a shíte film!

</font>

No, I believe the title of worst asteroid movie goes to the afore mentioned Armageddon. Both dripped a crappy "mush" factor, but Bruce Willies All American heroes really took the biscuit (which had been stuffed inside a turkey)

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

No i do believe there were 1 or 2 other movies about astirodes hitting the earth that went straight 2 TV cant remember the mane but it was shown on TV3 nuf said really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I think the one that was shown on TV3 was actually called "Asteroid". I've seen it for sale on DVD around the place.

Deep Impact was one of two reasonably enjoyable disaster movies to came out recently only to be completely overshadowed by bigger-budgeted and lesser-quality films dealing with the same subject (the other being Dante's Peak). Which is a shame, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Not to mention "Meteor" which, despite starring Mr. Connery, was an atrociously bad film.

That said, i always prefer the movies where the rock hits (Meteor, Deep Impact) over the "arent we wonderful cause we saved the day, and what a sacrifice we made" Armegeddon-style ones.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wurst film evurr.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I quite liked Deep Impact, probably because lots of America got washed away.

Flame shield at the ready

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Deep impact was good, i went to see it in the Virgin cinemas[now UCG Cinemas] and it was better than armageddon, it was too mushy for my liking. Meteor was good too.And that scene where the meteor does a flyover of the sea at the end has some truly awsome effects and the sound kicks a$$.
    yay, 500 posts
    That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

[This message has been edited by Death Sentence (edited 14-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Pity an asteroid didn't hit the movie studio when they were making Deep Impact- not to mention Armageddon smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Death Sentence:
    Deep impact was good, i went to see it in the Virgin cinemas[now UCG Cinemas] and it was better than armageddon, it was too mushy for my liking. </font>
    Deep Impact less mushy than Armageddon? Did you even watch the film? Jesus - Deep Impact positivily dripped sentimentality and mushiness! Armageddon did have the Bruce Willis crying thing, but that pales in comparision to the daughter re-uniting with her dad, saving the baby daughter and the other sh!te I've blocked from my memory.

Advertisement