Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swordfish

Options
  • 29-07-2001 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen it? Saw it last night and it was decent enough really. Obviously, you will need to see past your nerdy pretentions about hacking and how un-exciting the process actually is, but once you do, it is quite a fun film. Quite a few guns for your money too.

Vinnie Jones could have gotten a little more use though smile.gif

Of course, the admission is worth the bullet-time explosion alone, which really is ****ing cool.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

TBH I nearly walked up to the counter and asked for 3 tickets to Halle Berry's cleavage. But it was actually a good film, one of the finer schlocks out there (And Mz Berry's breasts of course...hey, Im human... smile.gif..)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I agree with all above, but it's plot line was so bloody transparent that it was a trial after nice entertaining start. The opening speech has been said in so many reviews and literary pieces, ack! I was expecting the american anthem to be played at the end, The argument the if the end is for america then it justifies the means, is truly played out here.

Still excellent special effects, and i liked the ball bearing idea, practical and to an extent innovative.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Quality - leaving out the Hacking stuff - Ms Berry's breasts are quite sumptuous.

The explosions and guns are also fun - and the bullet time rocked.

Thumbs Up.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

walked in sat down... 2 min's into it the explosion! OMG!!! i started yelling at the projectionist to show it again! LOL

the special effects are excellent, the boobies! are excellent biggrin.gif, pitty about the end, they could of done alot more with it...

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Boobies? I'm sold biggrin.gif

I was going to go see the Tuscan but then Top Gear did a piece on it......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gul-Ivek

Agreed - I Saw it twice ..
    Gotta Say - While the Critics may have pasted it, I think it was brilliant....
    Critics eh! WTF do they know anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

First five minutes rocked, then it went a bit downhill, peaking twice later on biggrin.gif.
    Its a shame they went for a "twist" in the ending that was pathetically done.

*cough*Usual Suspects *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:
    I was expecting the american anthem to be played at the end, The argument the if the end is for america then it justifies the means, is truly played out here.
    </font>

Your right , the plot was DIRE ,but after seeing it a few things lined up in my head , *Spoiler* Towards the end it was Stated that Gabriel was an Ex-Mossad *Isreali Secret Service and A-rab killing machine by all accounts* now If you fit in his ludicrous Idealogy about *bringing Terrorism to the terrorists tenfold * but today Listening to the news on the Radio , I heard a report about a Lone Palestinian Hamas member being attacked and killed by a flight of Helicopter Gunships ???? , Its all eerily similar

The Man From Delmonte , He Say "Yes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Eamo, if you're around I would love to hear your review on this one. You have never given poor movie advice. But then again I like this kind of movie considering I liked Hackers, and that was targetted @ 12 year olds, with the intention of motivating script-kiddly-like behaviour, LOL tongue.gif

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

It wasn't bad but...
    There 2 Points I particulaty disliked:

-All the Computer stuff was so totally off the wall and unrealistic- All Hugh Jackman did was stare into space and tap furioriously at the keyboard- If this was all we needed to do to hack into the CIA et al. then we'd all be @ it.

-Dont get me wrong I'm not complaining but Did anyone else think the Halle Berry Breast Exposure was totally gratitous & unnessecary?? It added nothing to the film!?

BTW...
    Everyone in Hollywood must think Vinnie Jones is a mute- Let the man Speak for the love of God

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Fu*king best film i've seen in a long time biggrin.gif..serious

It was fairly bad in retrospect , I mean theyre wasnt even that much matrixesque special effects , *apart from the excellent Claymore scene* , And as for the nippleodeons , well thats showbiz i guess , but hardly worth the 300K *?* they paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

SPOILER
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Belisarius:
    Towards the end it was Stated that Gabriel was an Ex-Mossad *Isreali Secret Service and A-rab killing machine by all accounts* </font>

Nope, that was the identity he stole (that of the corpse he kept in deep freeze and used as a decoy at the end).

Well I knew the body was the decoy ,but i thought it was the other way roumd , Actually lent the smallest particle of believeability to the plot , Nm though

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Seen it tought it was crap frown.gif

Now this is a games site!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

aahh c'mon that was the best film ever..well not ever cause matirx was =) but i liked the action oh and im going to see Planet of the Apes on friday..can't wait

"It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to hide the truth ... a prison for your mind." im talking about CS not the matrix
    =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I liked it. Mainly because I got to stare at Halle Berry biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I havn't had time to see it yet.

It's the first time Halle Berry has got her kit off (in a film), isn't it?

"I'd rather have a bottle infront of me than a frontal lobotamy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Kewlest filmz 3v3r

1. The matrix (nyyerr triinittyy)
    2. swodrfish
    3. gone in 60 seconds (aanngeeeliinna jolie)
    4. ****ING STARSHIP ****ING TROOPERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

the reason vinny jones never gets more than a few lines is because hes stupid.
    Meat, Kick, Football, Meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

very predictable film.
    easy watching though, and enjoyable.

Advertisement