Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 9 - Vanuatu

Options
  • 28-10-2004 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick headsup for survivor fans - series 9 (Vanuatu - Islands of Fire) starts tonights on TG4. 10pm.

http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/scei/thu.htm

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ah feck , I will be watching the Harrison V Kedebe fight on Sky sports any idea on when its repeated . Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, 13:45.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

not another one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Am already getting excited about it! The ad makes it looks really good.

And if anyone saw the All-Stars reunion shown last Thursday, you missed an amazing teaser trailer for it! It looks like ti could out do All-Stars as the best Survivor yet.

CBS are 6 episodes in, and its alot of fun.... Not sure where it ranks compared to other survivors, though.

• Advertisement

Well, from what I saw form tonight's episode is......EXACTLY like Amazon!

Kinda feel ripped off, altough it was a good episode, they could've come up with an original plot for the beginning. However, knowing Survivor, I hope we're in for twists!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Big Ears wrote:
    ah feck , I will be watching the Harrison V Kedebe fight on Sky sports any idea on when its repeated . Sunday ?

at the time of this post im not sure what I was thinking (probably that it was friday) , so I did infact see most of the programme as the fight is on today .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

who do ya'll think will win?

I say Doll the sheep farmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

Doesn't look like this survivor is gonna be much good - those older men seem to share a single brain cell between them and will probably be walloped by the women in the final days! Voting off all their best players is to the detriment of the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Oh how I cried when Brady got booted-- I mean, not only a strong physical player, but a very nice piece of eye candy :o

Stoopid old guys voting off all the hot men. All I'll say is go women, kick their asses!
    I'd like to see Amy win but it'd be hilarious if Eliza won, she's such a dork :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I can't stand Sarge. I'd kill him if I was there. The women have won this hands down!

Day 27 in the States, and
    a female final 4 is a 99% certainty...

Good episode tonight-- merges are always fun :)

Bubba was pretty stupid to call out *loudly* to Chris when everyone was standing there-- didn't like him anyways so good riddance :)

I was worried for Amy as it got towards the end.... that bug-eyed Eliza is always trying to cause trouble!

My favs so far:

1. Amy
    2. John
    3. Twila -- felt really happy for her among the men with her beer :rolleyes:

I like Amy too. very clever. probably the most likely to win.

glad to see Bubba is out. prat.

I hope the final 7 are women. that would be funny. its shaping up to be an interesting survivor.

its horrible being behind the states. i accidentally saw who was voted out lately. ruins the fun.

I like John K, Twila, Chad and And i ahte the rest of the men. two-faced or what?

Earthquake was very good. I like the new Lopevi trieb. BOO YASUR!

its horrible being behind the states. i accidentally saw who was voted out lately. ruins the fun.

Every year I always spoil at least one reality show that I watch by looking @ news sites-- all I want are ratings info, but sometimes they put in names and/or pics of the ppl who got eliminated in with the ratings!!
    I'm getting annoyed @ the ones who put up big f**king pictures of the ppl who've been kicked off on the default news page, regardless of whether ya want to read about it or not.
    Last week there was a MONSTER picture of the girl who was booted from 'America's Next Top Model' that week in the US on the main Zap2it news page. I mean names I might not remember, but seeing her face is another thing altogether! Living haven't started the new season yet, so now I know what she looks like from the beginning, and it's not til halfway or so that she goes! :mad:

Just a little off-topic, but I feel yer pain stripes-- it's the worst when ya know who's definitely NOT gonna win!
    I like the new Lopevi trieb. BOO YASUR!

Yeah Lopevi definitely have the better ppl, though Amy is stuck on Yasur, which is a pity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 graemeb2004

undefined

hey..

new to boards.ie... at last other people who watch SURVIVOR... I have been a huge fan of the show since i first saw it in 2000 and am a bit of an expert on it... but everyone i know takes the piss out of it because i watch it.. anyway...VANUATU... 9 series later and they are now back in the pacific for another show... who do you think will win? and i want to kno what is the most popular challenge and tribe name out of all the survivors (including UK and australia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Chad will win because nobody will want to be the person who votes off a guy with an artificial leg

i want to kno what is the most popular challenge and tribe name out of all the survivors (including UK and australia)

Welcome to Boards, where at least if you post in feedback, everyone knows your name! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think It'll be one of the girls winning, but I ope John, Chad or Twila win it!

My fave tribe name is Helang(Survivor UK) but I liked Mogo Mogo, Marammu and Barrimundi!

• Advertisement

ROTU was a pretty cool tribe name (kathy, neleh, tammy and all of them)

anyway, trying really hard to avoid finding out whos voted out.

And "cork"-here's a spoiler 4 u...when diana and fantasia were in the final of american idol we were like only 4 days ahead. unfortunately, one morining i pressed my red button for sky news active and there it was: "fantasia wins american idol" how annoying!

Who's everyone's favorite survivor series? i think mine is pearl islands (sandra) or marquesaas wit boston rob. hated Thailand!

here's a spoiler 4 u...when diana and fantasia were in the final of american idol we were like only 4 days ahead. unfortunately, one morining i pressed my red button for sky news active and there it was: "fantasia wins american idol" how annoying!

American Idol is SO bloody hard to avoid spoilers for. I just about managed to get through S3 without spoiling it, but goddamn every week in S2 I accidentally saw/read who got booted. :mad:
    S4 in January, wuhoo :D

I liked Sook Jai & Chuay Gahn for tribe names from Thailand, but I think my fav names are Drake & Morgan from Pearl Islands-- just loved the whole pirate theme that season...and Burton mmmm ;)

Amy's is the coolest "villain" ever?

But i just wish they kicked out Rory, possibly the most annoying survivor ever.

I reckon Leann may win, flying under the radar. But Amy probably will rule all and bring Eliza to the final 2.

Amy's is the coolest "villain" ever?

I loved her complete manipulation of what Lisa said & got her kicked off. Didn't like Lisa, and I don't like Scout so hopefully she'll go soon.

Rory first though, he's SO annoying! Eliza bugs the hell out of me, but somehow I can see her sticking around for a while yet, under Amy's thumb ;)

Lopevi are gonna fall apart fairly soon, it's inevitable....and it'll be fun to watch :D

Survivor Outback was the best or next to that the original... it was much better when the people had no idea about how to play the game...most of them were oblivious to getting voted off.... all 3 tribe names from survivor marquesas were cool... Quest for fire was a good one in the outback or traill blaizer in africa... did anyone else think that elisabeth was cheated out of the last 3 days in S2?

Does anyone have the austrailian survivor(Kadina Tipara Aurora) theme...the site for it is completly gone and does anyone have the Survivor UK Panama theme music????

Do you think that ITV will make Survivor 3 or RTE Bring back there only decent attempt at a realtity tv show that didnt crash...treasure island...i loved it...like survivor only watched it for the fights...kinda like going to an eircom league match

'Survivor' host dates contestant
    Saturday, December 18 2004, 16:45 GMT -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Survivor host Jeff Probst is dating one of the contestants from the most recent series, Julie Berry.

Probst and Berry kept in touch by email after filming on the popular reality series had finished, and the relationship developed from there.

"Nobody is more surprised than me that I could find my love affair on a show that I host," Probst told People magazine. "But the truth is when something like this gets dropped in your lap, you don't look at how it's wrapped, you don't look at how it's being delivered. This is my love affair and there's no question in my mind about it."

He added, "The funny thing was there was this perception we were flirting on the show, and that was actually just fun stuff on the show. I didn't really talk to Julie until long after the show was over."
    Regarding the recent finale in the states (don't read if you are following on TG4!):
    I think it was the first time in 9 series that 2 genuinely unlikeable people got to the end. I really didn't give a crap who won. The final Tribal Council was boring, and was an anticlimax to a bad series.

Series 10 (Palau) is starting early in the new year. Jeff Probst says that it will start with 20 contestants this time, and he says that the format will be turned on its head in the first 10 minutes. I'm glad to hear it - the format is getting a bit stale now, and desperately needs a shakeup.

Well, supposedly, Broadband should be around here in the new year(don't get my hopes up again) so maybe I'll be luckly enough to download it this time round.

Read on Digital Spy that Survivor is coming for a 11th AND a 12tth season.

I'd say it will get stale and boring eventually, but hopefully Palu is good.

Advertisement