Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC buys Family Guy Season 4 and American Dad rights!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Excellent. I've heard nothing about American Dad, but it's great to know I'll get to see Family Guy season 4. And hopefully the BBC will put it on at appropriate times instead of C4 and their shunting it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am a big Family Guy fan (as you can probably guess from my sig!).

Saw the first 6 minutes of the pilot of 'American Dad' on the Net a few months back - thought it was very disappointing, to be honest! Watch it here: http://pilot.american-dad.com/

But good news anyways. Assumed Family Guy Season 4 wouldn't be shown over here considering the shi*ty times slots the repeats of it got.

One thing just struck me - BBC1 / BBC2 don't strike me as an 'animation station' (heh!.. rhymes) so i'm thinking they'll be shown on BBC3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the simpsons were shown on BBC2, Ren & Stimpy were shown

bob, the devil, and god (think thats the name) was shown as was Stressed Eric

cant think of any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

the Tick was also shown on BBC2 (part of Def II, i think...)

I stand corrected!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

As was Monkey Dust! :D I hope they show it after the watershed so they can keep all of the best stuff in, and even if they don't its still great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I love Family Guy, Quagmire is a legend !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
    when does it start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

very good news indeed :D :eek: :D .

egan007 wrote:
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
    when does it start.
    Wouldn't expect it til at least April / May 2005.

Listened to an interview with Seth MacFarlane (creator of 'Family Guy') yesterday and he said Fox are hoping to have it on air by March 2005 in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Great news!

Sky hardly ever showed Season 1-3 even though I believe they had the rights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    bob, the devil, and god (think thats the name)

That show was tremendous!

Does this mean Family guy season 4 will happen instead of the movie?

Either way im thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the simpsons were shown on BBC2, Ren & Stimpy were shown

bob, the devil, and god (think thats the name) was shown as was Stressed Eric

cant think of any more

Was that not all in the pre-bbc3 days?

SteveD wrote:
    That show was tremendous!

Does this mean Family guy season 4 will happen instead of the movie?

Either way im thrilled
    Seth MacFarlane mentioned in the interview that i mentioned above that they've a three part Family Guy episode that they're created that they're thinking of releasing on DVD next Summer, but they're not sure bout it yet.

Must try and find the Web address for that interview and i'll post it here if i do!

It's well worth a listen!

EDIT: Here you go: http://www.planet-familyguy.com/main.php?mod=article&article=seth_oct2004.php

No special plug-in's required to listen - just simply Flash! It's well worth a listen if you're interested in learning all about the new series of 'Family Guy' and also 'American Dad'. But the interviewer sounds like a bit of an arsehole!

And also an interesting argument about why 'Family Guy' fans should NOT vote for Bush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stekelly wrote:
    Was that not all in the pre-bbc3 days?

yes but it shows/showed that BBC2 show animated programming

Advertisement