Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myth busters appreciation thread

Options
  • 27-10-2004 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

another discovery channel treasure...

they take urban legends and actually try them out, like taking to much alca selser makes your stomach explode... they make an artificle stomach and fill it with the stuff till it explodes...

the other night they replicated an attempt by three men to escape from alcatraz on a dingy they made from raincoats.. .and succeeded where the men previously died?

love the zany ginger guy and gruff big guy dynamic too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

ye it is some good ****, i have to say.

the one with the cd's exploding was deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Never seen that before sounds really interesting.... <SNIP>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I prefer the one with the movie science on BBB2

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

and succeeded where the men previously died?
    Yeah it's really good. They don't know whether those 3 prisoners escaped alive or not, mythbusters were just trying to see whether it could have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Healio wrote:
    ye it is some good ****, i have to say.

the one with the cd's exploding was deadly.
    There are exploding floppy disks. I can assure you its no myth. I would post up more, but I don't want to get a warning for telling people who to make a small bomb-type-device... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

oh i know that recipe indeed, but on the programs they rigged a cd drive to spin at 40,000 rpm and the cd's shattered into tiny particles, and logged deep into the human replica dummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

It's on Discovery! Damn! I'd spotted it being mentioned on the web and had thought it sounded like something I'd being interested in. And it's been there on my tv all the time.....thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What days/times is it on? I haven't seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

byte wrote:
    What days/times is it on? I haven't seen it yet.

It's on on Mondays at 22:00 and repeated 4 hours later at 2am on Tuesday morning.

I saw that Alcatraz one aswell the other night. It was very interesting to see them recreate the water crossing in their dodgy 'raincoat' dingy in the middle of the night, and make it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, thanks for that. Must mark it on my Personal Planner! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement