Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Livingo - Anyone made there own way there

Options
  • 26-10-2004 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Were going gypo style, after pricing flights to Milan Bergamo and its only like 50 euro each, then we have to get a bus to the resort and grab some accomadation. Was wondering if anyone has done it this way or is it better to book a package. If anyone has could you tell us is it easy to get to Liv from ryanaur's crappy airport and if the bus is expensive and same with accomadation there.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I was up in Livigno this week sorting a job for the season and accommodation, it’s very easy to get to Livigno from Milan

You get a train from Milan to Tirano at a cost of about €8 one way.

http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/index.html

From Tirano you get a bus to Bormio and from the bus station in Bormio you can get a bus into Livigno, it’s €3.40 for each bus, they also run a service from Tirano straight to Livigno but it is not as regular. You can get up there from Milan for under €20.

http://www.busperego.com/ for bus time tables.

Here is a list of all the hotels etc in Livigno

http://www.livigno.com/en/ospitalita/index.htm

I also have a number back in my apartment for a last minute accommodation finder in Livigno, I’ll post it here in a few days.

Good Luck making it up, Livigno is savage, they got there first snow this week too it was really strange to go to bed and the place was green and to wake up the next day and everything was white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rock and roll. How long does the journey take as were prob gonna arrive at night

It's about four hours from Milan Centrale, you can't arrive at night as the last bus arrives in Livigno before 18:00, check the time table.

www.alpenwhite.com

This crowd do last minute accommodation in Livigno.

Thanks a lot dude, lifesaver!

Yo dude that bottom place is all in Italian. How much would you say roughly a cheapo kip would be for 3 people ?

• Advertisement

depends what time of year you go,

ring the number on the website they all speak English in the office.

You could of course bring a tent?

Allo again, we are having trouble with booking a place still... Most of them seem to be for a week only, we are looking for 9 nights and they seem to be from saturday to saturday only. No worries anyway just getting desprate, prob gonna have to call off the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

If ya wanna book a place for an odd number of days u'll have to ring... around now, i.e beginning of the season it'll be tough, as most places sell out 1 week slots! But if u really wanna do it cheap this is the way, organising ur own flights, get accomodation as cheap as ya can BEFORE u go, check hostels, private appartments are usually fairly cheap, and worst case senario a cheap hotel.. Then when ya get there head to the tourist office to sort out ur lift pass...
    Happy Boarding/ Skiing(if ur into that sort of thing)....

If ya still can't get anything consider going on our dcusnowboarding trip in January, 100 students for 1 week in Alpe D'Huez!!! Only one or two places left so u'd have to act today! See www.dcusnowboarding.com 4 details...

How many of you are going?

I can ask around next week but to be honest I would say it’s going to be very hard to find a place for nine nights, if you extend your trip to ten or eleven nights it would make it worth your while to pay for two weeks.

Most places go Saturday to Saturday as far as I know.

Advertisement