Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Esat BT internet

• 26-10-2004 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

I've finally taken the plunge and decided to sign over to Esat BT, after hearing from a lot of people how their phone bills have been reduced after changing over. Mine's not activated yet. I'm just wondering if anybody out there has done the same and what you think of Esat BT. Also, what happens when you take any of their internet packages? Do you need to get a new e-mail address? I took out the Eircom Flat Rate Internet Package (E9.99 per month) a few months ago, will there be difficulty cancelling that? I'm nervous about phoning Eircom to ask them! I'd appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Firstly you should post this in Net/comms either phones or broadband... anyway...
    Did it at the parents.. YES a huge difference in phone bills especially if you make long distance to the states etc.. its something like 8c/min. Its ALWAYS goign to be cheaper with them, thats their promise so of course you will see a difference.
    Internet is also good and no you dont HAVE to change your email address. You can keep using your eircom one if you like unless eircom decide to close it on you. You can cancel the flat rate at any time.. just email them or call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Advice?
    When ringing Eircom, do so in the style of an 18th Century Spanish Mutineer. Impress upon whoever answers that you be thirsty for a fair maiden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,864 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Esat are cheaper for every type of call, and id switch over to them even if they werent, eircom have been ripping us off for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corrcullen

Well folks, dont know if you have heard of Euphony, who dont actually advertise their package, and are in direct competition with Eircom...
    Basically you pay 10 euro per month to Euphony, and for that, you get the first hour of all your unlimited landline calls anywhere in Ireland and Northern Ireland for free, all day everyday, and the mobile and international rates are cheaper as well.
    You pay your line rental to eircom and the cost of calls to Euphony.
    I have actually transfered over myself, and I enjoy my phone bill only being 10 euro per month for all my landline calls, which I make a lot of...
    I am actually an agent for them myself...
    If anybody is interested in becoming a customer, or even an agent like myself, feel free to drop me an email, and I can send you any details you wish to find out...
    corrcullen@hotmail.com
    Regards
    Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

My phone bill has halfed since I went from Eircom ISDN to Esat Broadband + home phone deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

As tusky above...

i did a little stint in a phone company as fone support... anyhoo story is, some of the chancers out there who are offering telephone services are awful companies, terribly organised chancers... the amount of people who switched back from these people was unreal, considering they probably hadnt many customers... but there was never such issues with the more reputable alternatives... so just be warned not to jump onto a provider (who had a colourful flyer) without doing a bit of research

chump wrote:
    As tusky above...

i did a little stint in a phone company as fone support... anyhoo story is, some of the chancers out there who are offering telephone services are awful companies, terribly organised chancers... the amount of people who switched back from these people was unreal, considering they probably hadnt many customers... but there was never such issues with the more reputable alternatives... so just be warned not to jump onto a provider (who had a colourful flyer) without doing a bit of research

Euphony are not chancers..Anyone that changed over that I know were delighted and didnt look back..thats all I can say on the matter...All the rates if you want to see them are on their website...
    www.euphony.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I'd never suggest such a thing corrcullen...
    I was just advising people to be wary

looks like their websites down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Advice?
    When ringing Eircom, do so in the style of an 18th Century Spanish Mutineer. Impress upon whoever answers that you be thirsty for a fair maiden.
    Ha, can't give you rep for that (need to spread it around first) but that's a hell of an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭mp3guy

when dealing with eircom don't hold back. Sometimes you have to shout abuse and threats down the phone to get them to do anything. I think they enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Corrcullen,

Your link to euphony will not work for me ?... great :(

my mistake...its
    www.euphony.com
    Try it now and it will work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Goody, that link works :) Thanks.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,524 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Of course euphony is little more than pyramid sales scheme that only really benefits the company, not the agents or customers.

While the first 10 minutes of a call are free, you pay a much higher rate after that.

Victor wrote:
    Of course euphony is little more than pyramid sales scheme that only really benefits the company, not the agents or customers.

While the first 10 minutes of a call are free, you pay a much higher rate after that.

that is very false information.
    For 10 euro per month, the first HOUR of ALL landline calls is free, all day every day, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
    After the hour you are charged 3.7 cent per minute which is still cheaper than eircom.
    If you wish you may hang up after the 59th minute and call the person back again and then the call abviously remains free.
    calls to mobiles are cheaper as well...

Advertisement