Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now this film looks dead yummy :)

Options
  • 29-06-2001 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

MONSTERS INC.

For realism, etc. this one blows Shrek, Toy Story, Bugs Life, etc. away... http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/monsters_inc/

... although Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within looks gorgeous too...

all in all, good things on the way in the movie theatres regarding computer animated motion pictures smile.gif

Bard
    Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Damn straight!

I once was skeptical towards disney pictures, and thought they were just kiddies films. But i was a fool, Shrek looks the business, so does, FF, and defo Monster, Inc. it should be a larf! smile.gif

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah the teaser for that is on the Toy Story 2 DVD... looks absolutely brilliant smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I think my theory that the only good comedy movies nowadays are animated is holding up. Looks great...

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

WHAT ABOUT THE DRAINS IN HACKNEY ?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I quite liked Disney's "Dinosaur" Despite the fact it took them six years to make a seventy minute long dino flick!? Anyway, these day's Disney are doing nothing but releasing sequels of their original movies at half the quality of animation and effects...

Take a look at "The Lion King" - Decent film, hate the singing(As I do in almost all films), but you could tolerate the movie as a whole, then a shoddy looking "Simba's Pride" comes out - I nearly wretched at the sight (and smell) of it...

Then you have "Lady & The Tramp II", "Little Mermaid II" - Why, in the name of GOD!?

My sister loves these kinds of movies, and having to hear them leaves me shaking in fear of the next damn "sequel"...

On another note,
    I cant wait for the FF Movie, and Shrek seems decent...

Have to wait and see...

[This message has been edited by RopeDrink (edited 30-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well... I've just gone to se Shrek yesterday, and to be honest, I was pretty disapointed. frown.gif

Personaly, I can't wait for Final Fantasy.
    The last great animated film, in my opinion was Titan A.E.
    Now that was a great film!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Wow - It looks quite amazing.

It's just a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I once was skeptical towards disney pictures, and thought they were just kiddies films. But i was a fool, Shrek looks the business, so does, FF, and defo Monster, Inc. it should be a larf!</font>

Neither Shrek nor Final Fantasy are Disney flicks.

(Shrek is Dreamworks, Final Fantasy is Square)

Monsters Inc looks cool - it's a Pixar film, and they've pretty much proven themselves with stuff like Toy Story and A Bugs Life. Has potential to be very funny, although very much a disney film - not as edgy as Shrek, and not even in the same category of movie as Final Fantasy, of course...

Advertisement