Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godzill Weekend and Nixon

Options
  • 26-06-2001 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Mothra rocks!!!

Can't wait to see that again.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Yip, for some inexplicable reason Channel4 has a Godzilla night on Saturday. Two movies:

Godzilla V Mothra - seen it, gas comes out of this giant Moths butt and melts people if I memory serves me.

Godzilla V Mechagodzilla - not seen, but both are in colour. Still I did prefer the origional b and w Godzilla.

Also NIXON is on Saturday BBC2 11:20. Its 4 hours long but well worth it. I saw it in a cinema on the continent that had hard leather seats so my a$$ fell asleep a few times during the film. But that siad Hopkins was amazing as Nixon, really carried the day with an excellent piece of method acting. Really changed my opinion of the man from one of leper to victem of the times (even though he did serve on the McCarthy committee during the red witch hunts).

The scenes about him trying to find a solution ot the Vietnam war are true, he did examine the use of nukes to scare the crap out of the American Military/Industrial complex to get them to ease up and talk one to one with hippies and protesters at the Washington memorial.

Great movie, one of Stones best.

Advertisement