Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling from Dublin to Leixlip

Options
  • 24-10-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone out there know if there is a good public transport system between Dublin and Leixlip.

how long would it take for someone to commute between these to places and how much would it set you back on public transport.

The people I work for have another plant in the business park in Leixlip and I was just wondering would it be a practical move to make from Limerick

other things i was wondering:

What is rented accomodation llike as regard to price in Dublin, I know it can be quite high?.

Are wages in Dublin higher than other parts of the country given the higher cost of living?

no doubt I will have other questions I would appreciate any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There are pretty regular buses between dublin and leixlip. Also quite a lot of trains. 66, 66x, 66A and 66B all serve the town if you wanna check their timetables on dublin bus to see their frequency. Most trains from Maynooth to dub serve Leixlip too (Leixlip has 2 stations so you prob won't be miles away from 1). Costs 2.05 to go from dub to Maynooth on bus, so slightly less to go to Leixlip, not sure exactly how much. Bit dearer on train but much quicker. Train takes approx 40 mins, bus takes approx 50, if there's no traffic. 66x runs in mornings and evenings and takes less time than other buses

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

thanks angel for the reply I will look into those timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I assume you are in the paper business. ;)
    Does anyone out there know if there is a good public transport system between Dublin and Leixlip.
    It's "OK".

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp?search_type=text&submitted=yes&mnuTownPlace=Leixlip

Leixlip (Louisa Bridge) - http://www.irishrail.ie/dart/your_journey/maps_and_zones.asp
    how long would it take for someone to commute between these to places and how much would it set you back on public transport.
    It can vary a lot, expect 60 minutes by bus to the city, but that could vary from 30-90 minutes at extremes. Probably under €2 single - I imagine weekly / monthly tickets are available.
    What is rented accomodation llike as regard to price in Dublin, I know it can be quite high?.
    Expect to pay €300-500 +bills sharing a house, although Maynooth and Leixlip might be a bit cheaper.
    Are wages in Dublin higher than other parts of the country given the higher cost of living?
    Generally yes. You need to ask for current basic + cost of moving (can be tax free) & visiting family etc. + hassle + increased living expenses + what you think you are worth (promotion etc.) + negotiating margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I assume you are in the paper business.

you never cease to impress me victor
    Generally yes. You need to ask for current basic + cost of moving (can be tax free) & visiting family etc. + hassle + increased living expenses + what you think you are worth (promotion etc.) + negotiating margin.

I dont know if i would be entitled to all that if the move was voluntary.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor wrote:
    I imagine weekly / monthly tickets are available.
    Note this type of thing, although it may not apply to outer suburban routes.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/special_offers.asp?action=view&news_id=149

• Advertisement
Advertisement