Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp my Ride appreciation thread

Options
  • 23-10-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I think this is a great show - it's hilarious to see really geeky car mechanics acting like rappers, especially the car interior decoration expert. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i disagree i think it would be better if everyone on it didnt act like rappers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Twould just be another boring carshow then. X to the Z Xibit rocks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i love when the pimpies start acting like rappers - they dont get it at all they arent cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

It's ok. I seen it once or twice. The things they do to the cars is cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

you've been officially pimped daddy *grabs T-shirt*

xzibit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

The things they do to the cars really rocks. I watch to see what is done to the car. The crew is kinda funny too but thats secondary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

simu wrote:
    Twould just be another boring carshow then. X to the Z Xibit rocks!

its just so mtv style fake
    makes me feel kind of ill watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah I really like that show... amazing what they can do with some of the held-together-with-double-sided-sticky-tape kinda bangers.
    They're properly pimped aswell, it's not like they just slap on some crappy body kit and a few rally stickers... nice paint jobs, new rimms, the works.
    It's nice to see peoples reactions to their pimped cars aswell, good vibes all 'round... not like watching some crappy moany soap (can't people find enough misery in their own lives that they need to watch people on TV moaning constantly?)
    Whatever way MTV are showing it, I keep seeing the same two episodes over and over... like the art student one where he has the white car with missing side-rear window that's covered with a black bin-liner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Actually the art student one kinda pissed me off, his car just didn't seem as pimped as some of the others, it just came out lookin like a normal car.

but yeh, great show its such a feel good reality tv show, unlike most shows which are just stress people out/piss people off. it does something nice for people for absolutely no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It was good, they need some new episodes though.
    MTV doing the usual play the same 10 episodes to death.

I like the one with the VW Bug, the Incredible Hulk colour scheme is pretty nifty looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Xzibit is a far better presenter than I would have ever given him credit for. Befor ever watching the show i though he was an assmaster but he is actually a pretty funny guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The only thing I hate is the stupid over reactions of the dumbass americans.Some new episodes would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Xzibit is really good in it i too thought he was a twat till i saw this show.. i also like the lil south american gee who dose the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

oh "ish" haha

you know he gets his head shoved down the toilet everyday

oh "ish" haha

you know he gets his head shoved down the toilet everyday

lol... i bet he love tacos y burritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it was a fun show when mtv actually showed new episodes of it.
    now that i've seen each episode at least twice, i've grown fairly sick of it

You've only seen each episode twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I've never actually seen the crew touch the engine of any piece of s*it that’s brought into them. What’s the deal with that? The majority of the cars are in bits so I can only assume that the engines mirror this fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Myself and my friend have a new saying going on now where when ever we see something crap we say "Thats the worst _______ i've ever seen X" which closely resembles "Thats the worst car i've ever seen X". They say this or some variation ever single episode that I have seen. Believe me I saw alot of them during summer. I watched about 3 hours in a row before hehe

Another thing I love about it is the big tough pimp daddies, "Yo X, I am going to give this mother-f*cka some bling bling, he'll be dazzled by these Sequins!!" So then we all get to see some bad-ass mofo at a sewing machine making a seat cover with sequins. I sure wouldn't like to meet that kinda guy down an alley, just too tough for me to handle!!

Its still a rocking show though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I've only seen a few episodes, but its good.

I dont like when they put fountains or fish tanks in the car, but I like to overall overhaul they do.

You need a somewhat coolish car to begin, I mean my Toyota Starlet could never be pimped, I'd look like a mong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

wooooheeeeeeeeee

its cool and xibit is funny,

you see the new episode where the guy had a ringer car, two cars welded together, and he knew it was ringer and he was still driving it??? they had to just buy him a brand new car....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's ok,i'd much prefer to watch them actually work on the car, instead of showing shotsof girls screaming "OHMYGAWD" for ten minutes when they see their. or maybe that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

new episodes are on the way except its an MTV UK production

we'll probably get Richard Blackwood instead of X-Zibit :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Mossy Monk wrote:

for the love of god, not him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I've never actually seen the crew touch the engine of any piece of s*it that’s brought into them. What’s the deal with that? The majority of the cars are in bits so I can only assume that the engines mirror this fact.
    Yeah only seen them touch the engine on one show.some dune buggy thing with the engine on the outside.
    Piss's me off a bit because they say there "helping" these poor students ect. but leaving them with cars that will still need big money to keep running.
    Although I suppose they can always sell it off a monitor at a time ;)

And the bit at the end when they get them to say "This car will totaly change my life"

Other than that, great show. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have never watched any of this programme you speak of! I shall make a note to actually pay attention to MTV programme listings on EPG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

chewy wrote:
    wooooheeeeeeeeee

its cool and xibit is funny,

you see the new episode where the guy had a ringer car, two cars welded together, and he knew it was ringer and he was still driving it??? they had to just buy him a brand new car....

yeah, your man was piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I only starting watch this show recently I've only seen a few of them but I think they are pretty good although a bit too much of the mtv style of no only repeating the shows again and again, but nearly repeating the entire episode after every ad break.

I never though that the presenter would be good but I was well impressed he 's pretty cool.
    Originally posted by D-Generate
    Another thing I love about it is the big tough pimp daddies, "Yo X, I am going to give this mother-f*cka some bling bling, he'll be dazzled by these Sequins!!" So then we all get to see some bad-ass mofo at a sewing machine making a seat cover with sequins. I sure wouldn't like to meet that kinda guy down an alley, just too tough for me to handle!!

Yeah I always find that pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'm sure they do fix the engines but it would make for boring TV, it's much more intersting to see them install a rad dvd player than fit new spark plugs. Apparently the guys you see don't do much of the work, the real stuff is carried out by donkey workers. Agreed they do turn crap into semi decent cars but they also work on serious cars too. I've seen them work on a Ferrari for somedude and they were doing a Hummer for 50 cent. One guy had his trim fitted out with Louis Vuitton material, I wondered whether they butcherd a load of handbags or if they managed to buy the raw material.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Mossy Monk wrote:

Or as I like to call him : Won't Smith :cool:

Advertisement