Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you cry at films?

Options
  • 17-05-2001 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

This is directed to the males,
    I was talking to my mates on irc just after i watched a sad film.. and yes i cryed! And i was askin around to see if any guys cried at films, none of them said they did.. I wonder was it to keep up an image or were they being truthful? Just out of curiosity, do any males around cry at films?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've cried at the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have cried at a few movies... Very few, but I have...

One flew over the cookoo's nest was one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

corny as hell i know but it would have to be "It's a Wonderful Life" every single time i watch it.
    1st date i ever had i took a girl to see that, blubbed like a baby at the end while she remained stoney-faced biggrin.gif

Good god i was embarrased about that at the time smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Heheh ye pack of pussies!

naw seriously I must admit I dont as i find it very hard to sit down and watch a film at home ,And there arent any movies compelling enough to invoke tears theese days , if theyre ever was mind. BUT theyre have been some close shaves ofcourse , the end of Gladiator i found a bit "emotive" but after seeing it on DVD i'll put it down to the effect of watching it on the big screen . One flew over a cookoo's nest never did much for me though

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I've only ever cried while watching one film !!! and it's the strangest one to cry at !!!!

Herbie Goes Bannans !!!
    the one where he trys to throw himself off the bridge !!!! eek.gif

mind you i was about 12 at the time !!!

hey any smart comments and .. and i'll do nothing.

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well to be homest bout the only time I cried at a films was when I was bout 6-8 and I was waching Lasse.

I just never cry cause it's always on my mind the eternal question "So whens the bedroom scene?" smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I was 6 or 7 so. Dad took me to see *sniff* transformers on the big screen. i couldnt wait to see Prime kick Decepticon butt. And then that ******* megatron slaughtered Prime *sob* right near the start. I was in tears for a good few weeks after and i still dont think ive ever recovered. *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SofaKing:
    I was 6 or 7 so. Dad took me to see *sniff* transformers on the big screen. i couldnt wait to see Prime kick Decepticon butt. And then that ******* megatron slaughtered Prime *sob* right near the start. I was in tears for a good few weeks after and i still dont think ive ever recovered. *sob* </font>

Take it !!!! biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands.
    P.S. Avator fromerly know as Gamblor !!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i cried when i was about ???? I can't remember how old i was, but it was when ET was out on video the first time. I blubbed for a good hour or so.

I came close to crying last week when Madge died in Neighbours, but i held it in,

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

My parents took me to see E.T. when I was a wee small thing and towards the end, when you think E.T. is dead, my Dad asked my Mum for a tissue. Despite the fact she was a bit emotional herself, she had to slag him for crying. My Dad snatched the tissue from her and insisted that if there was any way he was going to cry in public, it would not be over a 'squidgy brown thing'. I'm still not convinced. I cried at that bit but then I cried at stuff like the Count from Sesame Street. Frightened the c*** out of me when I was three.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

The last film I cried at was " Life is beautiful ".
    I wrote why previously, but I've been told to edit by an elder, so if you want to know why I cried....rent it out

Btw, thanks for letting me edit, instead of just doing it yourself. very nice.

[This message has been edited by spag (edited 19-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

If ya mean do i break down into tears, whaleing n bawling... no, but sometimes tears may begin to form!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sdavros

the only film I ever cried at was under siege 2 with steven seagal-but that doesnt count i hope

I am the allmighty Father you must obey my command

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Bah fair play spag you've just ruined one of the greatest films of all time for people who havent seen it smile.gif

Very moving scene though.

Please edit your post smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I cried at episode 1. Soo much potential lost. frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I cried at the end of Universal Soldier: The Return because I realised I had wasted some of my life and £3

Seriously though, The Deer Hunter is one emotional film, I think its the music that really does it. One flew over is also very moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭syringe

LOL, yeah Unisol 2 was PANTS! But forget your so-called emotional films, get to the real stuff - Armaggedon! Good God, it felt like I had a football in my throat in the end of that. Very emotional indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The scene in "A time to kill" when he's describeing how the girl was beaten n raped... now that forced emotion outa me!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't remember ever actually crying at a film but there have been quite a few that left me with a lump in my throat, the most recent (and only ones I ca remember offhand) of which would be The Green mile, Gladiator, and Deep Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I can't say that I cried but a tear has formed when i was about 8 and i saw The Lion King.
    Excuse me i think i am about to cry........

• Advertisement

Yeah that was pretty sad alright when Simba's father was killed smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Hey! I knew I remember that Transformers film! , actually optimus prime got pushed about quite a bit , I mean everyone knows the real leader was the racing car lad biggrin.gif

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Do I cry at films?

Do you mean really hard-hitting stuff like The Care Bears?

Ah but no seriously. I think there were some tears at the end of Life is Beautiful. Great, great film.

I'm the Dude

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh I'm going to regret this, but what the hell...

I've only ever gotten emotional at one film - it was less than a year ago. This was a huge film - packed out cinemas world wide.

There was a fight scene and it was illustrating how pointless violence is - only one of the combatants wouldn't fight and his opponent just kept hitting him and imploring him to fight back, but he wouldn't.

It came to a head when the 2 "generals" of the armies were fighting and someone ran in to stop the whole thing and got killed.

Everyone stopped fighting and the non-fighter ran over and tried to revive the would-be peace maker. Alas it was to no avail.

At this stage I was staring at the screen and the audience around me to see if they were in as bad an emotional state as me - they weren't. I was in bits - it was such a gut-wrenching scene. the tears were on the verge of spilling out. My lip was quivering. Hands were shaking.

Then Pikachu and the other Pokémon started to cry and Ash came back to live!!!

Then I was happy!!!

The moral of the story is - NEVER, EVER watch The Pokémon Movie whilst off your tits!!!

I saw it o video in a totally sober state and I laughed when I saw the same scene and realised what a mucking fuppet I was curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

I cried at the end of "The Postman" because i had just wasted three hours of my life

But seriously anyone who didn't cry when ET left is a heartless inhuman monster

I loved that little guy.

Damn BT disgracing his memory

Lets get back to basics Niall, the ball is round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

I just want to see my new signature.....i've got nothing further......ahhhh

She's a waitress, and she's got style
    Sunday bathtime will take a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:
    No, the last time my lower lip quivered was The Green Mile, strangely enough......

OH POOR MR.JINGLES!!!!!
    </font>

haha yeah I was sitting nibbling a pizza when that boll0x stood on Mr. Jingles - I nearly went through the roof with fright smile.gif very unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

No, the last time my lower lip quivered was The Green Mile, strangely enough......

OH POOR MR.JINGLES!!!!!

And before that im pretty sure i cryed when i watched Bambi or other Disney movie, being so young and all.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

That was an incredibly sad scene though, I think it was because Percy was such a mean-hearted ba$tard that did it to me. Although generally cruelty to animals like that in films gets to me more than when its a person being killed.

There was an air of sadness hanging over the whole film, just the atmosphere of the Death row, quite depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Personally I found the Green Mile to be a poor film. I went in expecting it to live up to the Shawshank Redemption so I suppose that didn't help from the outset.

But to be honest I left halfway through, and I rarely, rarely, rarely leave films I've paid to see.

Maybe I wasn't in the mood but I suspect that I'd get bored of it if I tried to watch it again.

I'm the Dude

Advertisement