Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bourne Supremacy!

Options
  • 21-10-2004 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Just read the book!....Very good, havnt seen the film yet but would recommend the book to anyone interested in thrillers!

Anyone read The Bourne Identity?....is it worth getting!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Read them all (bar the 4th, new, book which is not written by Ludum). They're all very good, and more in the vein of the cold war spy thrillers than the Hollywoodised films, which are completely different stories altogther.

I saw a comment, Maddox actually, about I, Robot:
    Maddox wrote:
    Things the I, Robot movie has in common with the book:
    [1] The title.

The Bourne series is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Maybe so but i barely remember the Bourne Identity(the film) and i enjoyed the books on the bourne supremacy so was just wondering is the bourne Identity a good read!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Oh, sorry for not being clearer: I thought the book series was excellent and that the 2 films were quite good too. Just pointing out that they're very different.

I recommend reading the books in sequence (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum), they're definitely an entertaining read.

Cheers mate!

Best pop my head into easons later on then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Cheers for the thread, I've just reserved it from the library:D (3 reserves ahead of me but I've a few things to read anyway...)

• Advertisement

Ah yes the library!Long time since i was a memeber of that!Just got into the reading late in life!allways found i hadnt the patience before!hehe gotta be better than paying for your books though!

Tis a good read though!, long(bout 700 odd pages) but very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

All three of the Bourne Trilogy are worth reading, as are most of Ludlum's books if you enjoy more realistic* spy stories than your typical hollywood movie. They should certainly be read in sequence though.

*i.e. spys using nothing more than training, resourcefulness and money to get the job done rather than insane gadgetry. Some elements of the books can be a bit "one man army".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LouisWu

Has anyone read the 4th book yet. I'm always a bit wary of someone else trying to write "for" the author.

Loved all of ludlums books. I liked the original Bourne Identity with Michael Caine but I did not thing much of the new one

LouisWu

Advertisement