Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovering Talent

Options
  • 20-10-2004 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi! Im a transition year student and weve chosne to mentors the first years and set up groups and things for them myself and 3 others are in charge of a englsih theatre/creative writing/poetry (get the drift?) kinda group thing and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on ways to excite them and keep them interested.. I want them to discover language outside of the dull stuff they teach in school. Weve got people who are strong in all aspects of englsih so any tips or Ideas anyone? Id be delgihted to hear anything at all that would help!
    thanx,
    Spunky
    4LIFE

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

One thing I have done in this forum is something you can borrow. It's a creative writing exercise where everyday you write a couple of paragraphs about something you have observed.
    It is fun and at times challenging...it not only helps the writer find ways of expressing themselves it makes them more aware of thier surroundings which is something a good writer has to know how to do...good writers write about experience afterall ;)

I call mine, Daily Observations ;)

Advertisement