Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Wing

Options
  • 20-10-2004 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm surprised there isn't a thread (at least not one I could find!) on Green Wing already, cos this is a show that really seems to divide people into the love it or hate it camp!

Set in a hospital, but featuring zero patients for a change, its on Channel 4 and E4, it runs at an unusual 50 mins and has been on for the past 5 weeks or so. Its from some of the 'Smack the Pony' team, and has loads of familiar faces from other British comedies (including yer wan from Black Books).

The editing admittedly takes a bit of getting used to - it speeds up and slows down constantly at beginnings and ends of scenes - but you do notice it less after a while and begin to appreciate the improv feel and the dark, dark humour!

So anyone else seen it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Have seen it .... the speed up slow down end of scenes annoys me no end, also the humour in it seems to be too forced ... so I'm not a big fan of it (although I have found some parts of it funny ... and I do like Tamzin Grieg(sp?))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Best thing since father ted,, genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 maireadrua

IT'S A BRILLIANT SHOW!!
    I'm gutted that the first series is over...what a cliffhanger of an ending!!

If anyone's interested, I have set up my own forum dedicated to it...
    http://s8.invisionfree.com/Green_Wing :D
    Coconut wrote:
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread (at least not one I could find!) on Green Wing already, cos this is a show that really seems to divide people into the love it or hate it camp!

Set in a hospital, but featuring zero patients for a change, its on Channel 4 and E4, it runs at an unusual 50 mins and has been on for the past 5 weeks or so. Its from some of the 'Smack the Pony' team, and has loads of familiar faces from other British comedies (including yer wan from Black Books).

The editing admittedly takes a bit of getting used to - it speeds up and slows down constantly at beginnings and ends of scenes - but you do notice it less after a while and begin to appreciate the improv feel and the dark, dark humour!

So anyone else seen it??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think it's pretty good..

loved the line in the first episode..

"I thought you said you had a spare room!"

"No, I said I had a 'spore' room. I have a room I keep spores in"

great stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Loved it. It's an amazing mix of realistic, minutely observed character nuances and the utterly surreal. Wickedly funny.

Filmed in real hospitals too, remarkably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _dozey_

The best comedy series i have ever had the joy to witness!

The relationship that the two characters Mac and Guy have with eachother is so well thought out. The way they must always be one better than the other, pure genius! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I managed to watch half an episode before turning it off in disgust - its possibly the most unfunny 'comedy' I have seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Yeah, I enjoyed what I saw of it, but wasnt a regular viewer. Will definitely watch the second series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _dozey_

It's one of those programmes where you either love it or you hate it.

But in my case I ADORE IT!! I'm definately getting the video or DVD and definately watching the second series!! :D

Advertisement