Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Series 1 Episode 1

Options
  • 20-10-2004 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I watched it for the first time in my life, the first ever episode on T4... it isnt as good as it was later on and joey's hair is horrendous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The old episodes look a little dated allright. I don't think Ross changed at all though. It's like looking at old episodes of Startrek TNG, it just seems wrong somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

there classic episodes though. they may look dated but the jokes were still the same through the whole times friends ran. i miss it! cant believe there is none to look forward to in january!

what would ye say is yer favourite friends episode of all time : can only pick one:

i think mine is the one where they have to competition to see who gets the apartment. (if the girls win the lads have to get rid of the chick and the duck and if the lads win they get the girls' apartment!) Priceless

Ross : Who scares the Bejesus out of Chandler ?
    Monica Michael Flatley Lord of the Dance
    Joey (Turning To Chandler) : The Irish jig guy?
    Chandler : His legs flail around as if indepentdent from his body!!

Gotta Love that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

there classic episodes though. they may look dated but the jokes were still the same through the whole times friends ran. i miss it! cant believe there is none to look forward to in january!

what would ye say is yer favourite friends episode of all time : can only pick one:

i think mine is the one where they have to competition to see who gets the apartment. (if the girls win the lads have to get rid of the chick and the duck and if the lads win they get the girls' apartment!) Priceless

Ross : Who scares the Bejesus out of Chandler ?
    Monica Michael Flatley Lord of the Dance
    Joey (Turning To Chandler) : The Irish jig guy?
    Chandler : His legs flail around as if indepentdent from his body!!

Gotta Love that!
    Cannot beat: "What is Chandler Bing's job?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

pingoo wrote:
    Cannot beat: "What is Chandler Bing's job?" :D
    transponster!!

i love the way ross went to the trouble of putting little lightning logos on the lightning round cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've got a special version taped of the VERY FIRST episode of friends(The Pilot).

A few years back, Channel4 showed a special version of the first episode with deleted scenes! It adds around 5 mins to the show, and they're truly funny lines they cut out!

Favourite line out of that episode: Pheobe: "Oh, I just pulled out three eyelashes. That can't be good!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

Pheobe is just the most hillarious character i have ever known!!! Like that episode where she had a fake fur coat, and when she was in Vegas... i'm "Regina Falangy"... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

Chandler in a box.

Hes in the box and the others are watching the superbowl or something and they all cheer.
    Chandler: What happened
    Joey: You kissed my girlfriend.

Works better on screen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

the recent show where ross went to get the spray on tan was hilarious by the end of it he was a 12 or something in front and a 0 on his back with was hilarious or where they try to get the cousch but the stairs
    pivot...pivot...PIVOT..
    classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I've got a special version taped of the VERY FIRST episode of friends(The Pilot).

A few years back, Channel4 showed a special version of the first episode with deleted scenes! It adds around 5 mins to the show, and they're truly funny lines they cut out!

Favourite line out of that episode: Pheobe: "Oh, I just pulled out three eyelashes. That can't be good!"

Yeh i saw that. Twas good.

And yeh the chandler in the box one was also my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

I love the episode with Chanlder in a box alright. tis so funny. monica's rant at all of them is brilliants. cant remember it properly but its like...................

"Oh yeah ye can talk (to rachel) left a man at the alter, (to Phoebe) married a gay ice scater, (to Joey) threw a womans leg in the fire, (to Ross) said the wrong name at the alter (to Chandler) ...LIVE IN A BOX!!!"

CLASSIC! probably have them in wrong order but still!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I love the episode with Chanlder in a box alright. tis so funny. monica's rant at all of them is brilliants. cant remember it properly but its like...................

"Oh yeah ye can talk (to rachel) left a man at the alter, (to Phoebe) married a gay ice scater, (to Joey) threw a womans leg in the fire, (to Ross) said the wrong name at the alter (to Chandler) ...LIVE IN A BOX!!!"

CLASSIC! probably have them in wrong order but still!!!!

Actually,Monica said "Married a lesbian" to Ross becuase at that episode Emily hadn't come into the story yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

the best one is definitely when ross finds out rachel is pregnant..

''They should put that on the box!!!!'' hee hee

Rachel: ''Ross forget about the condom''
    Ross: ''Well i may aswell have''

Pure genius!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

newband wrote:
    the best one is definitely when ross finds out rachel is pregnant..

''They should put that on the box!!!!'' hee hee

Rachel: ''Ross forget about the condom''
    Ross: ''Well i may aswell have''

Pure genius!! :D
    Ha Ha!!

Excellent episode!

Advertisement