Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play.com - new book section... with free shipping!

Options
  • 19-10-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Noticed today that play.com have just opened up a new book section.

Finally, a site that won't charge me inexordinate prices for shipping on books. Nice work play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

nice one I must check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

They also sell these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

gadgets only shipped to uk addresses though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Yup - I've already ordered a couple of books off the site:)

I do a lot of PC Games and DVDs type online purchasing with play.com, and they have a great customer service attitude and track record for delivery, so I expect the same for the books section.

c0y0te

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hmm ordered a book Wednesday, nearly two weeks ago. It shipped that evening and yet it hasn't arrived. I'm going to blame the postman for now but I hope it doesn't persist. I've never had a problem with Play before but maybe their books are handled differently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I ordered a book from Play.com at the end of November - and now, over 2 and a half weeks later, no sign of it. Damnit this was going to be a christmas present!

Has any one had similar problems with Play.com before? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yes, but its not exactly play.com's fault. They ship it when they say they do.

A friend of mine in england ordered a game from them and I ordered the same game on the same day at practically the same time, took his 2 days to get to him and 2 weeks to get to me. I blame an post.

Advertisement