Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please new aeriel no channel 4

Options
  • 19-10-2004 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

i got a new aeriel on saturday so I am now able to watch utv and channel 4 after 5 years without :D. This morning I turned on the tv to watch channel 4 and it is gone just snow no reception nothing nada :( . Is this normal? All the other stations are perfect.
    gonk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

you may need a booster box on the end of the line. This is a simple powered box plugged in beside the TV and then into the line from your ariel to your TV.
    This has happened me before when i got a new ariel, worked perfect then gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thanks Gibo that was quick. i have one of those. BBc 's and utv are perfect I am very sad.
    gonk

Where are you located?
    If UTV and BBC are ok it may just be that the aerial that you are using is a group which has the ch 4 for the tx that you are using at the edge of the group that aerial is for.
    Is the aerial vertically or horizontally polarised ie are the "rods" on it standing up straight or sideways?

I am in drogheda. The aerial is one of those ones that look like chicken wire for want of a better description, so dont know what way the rods are pointing. I was talking to a neighbour just there and she said hers is gone too so its not just me. It was working perfectly on sunday.
    gonk

chicken wire?
    Probably a grid wideband aerial so.
    There are rods on that too so its either vertical or horizontal also.
    If your neighbour has lost theirs, have they the same type of aerial as you?
    It could be just that work is being carried out on the tx for that channel.
    If it's a grid aerial by the way you can improve your reception by getting the correct "grouped" aerial for the tx that you are using together with the correct grouped amp.
    A local installer will help you with that.
    The group for your tx would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Max

For what it's worth I also live in Drogheda and my Channel 4 has also disappeared a couple of days ago.

Reception by aerial was never great but was watchable. I still have BBC1, BBC2, UTV but no C4.

Strange.

It came back for a little while today but gone again.
    The wires are pointing upwards Earthman.

Yeah Max was talking to more people today and theirs are off too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

gonker,
    Depends what part of Drogheda you are in you will eiyher be using a group A or group B masthead amphlipher.If the aerial is on its side you will use a group B and if it is upright then it will be a group A.The reception is fine here in Skerries wher we use the group B. :D

I am south of the river. Its back again now :D Happy days :D
    thanks for all the help :D
    gonk

Advertisement