Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have experience of getting the 75?

Options
  • 18-10-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I need to get the 75 home from Sandyford industrial estate this evening - I'm normally a cyclist, so I'm not sure of the timings of this bus.

As far as I can tell, the timetable times (other than the times for leaving the terminus) are pure fiction. So I was wondering if there was someone out there who can give me a rough idea of how long the 75 takes to get from Dun Laoghaire to Sandyford in the evening rush ?

I've tried estimating this once or twice in the past and have ended up standing in the rain for upwards of 3/4 of an hour wondering whether I've missed the one or two busses that actually go through the estate :( Any experiences would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I haven't got it much recently, but yes it can be variable. Treat the times for intermediate stops (Knocklyon Road, Nutgrove S.C., Dundrum, Stillorgan S.C.) as the earliest they will pass that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

I have been a reg on the 75 and sometimes the intermediate times are a bit tight. In the peak hours I would allow approx 25 minutes from Dun-Laoghaire to Stillorgan village. For there it really all depends on how long it takes to get around the ind estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I have got it from Kilmacud to Tallaght in the mornings often. It isn't a particularly good service, in terms of frequency. In the morning a load come from Tallaght but not from Dun Laoghaire, resulting in the ones heading to Tallaght, getting packed at several points along the trip. If you miss it, you have a 40 minute wait. It can be painfully slow at a few points along the route. The M50 works played havoc with it a lot, initially near Tallaght and then in the Dundrum area. It is a while since I had to get it in the mornings, so I don't know have the road changes around Dundrum last summer done anything to improve things.

Outside rush hour, the times on the timetable are actually not bad. I once asked a conductor about increasing the morning frequency and he said it is a route that they are not doing much with as they expected it would be one that would go out to tender everntually.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

75? Ugh.
    Worst. Timetable. Ever.
    I get this going into college in the morning (75 Firhouse-Rathfarnham, then 17 Rathfarnham-UCD) and quite a lot of the time i've been more time waiting on buses than on actual buses in the mornings.

Advertisement