Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single frame inserts of Brad Pitt in Fight Club

Options
  • 13-04-2001 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I watched this last night, it was the fifth time I'd seen it - but the first since I heard that single frames of Pitt were inserted into the film throughout.

It was the first time I noticed them, even though I've seen the film four times before, which gave rise to an interesting facet of subliminal images. I only noticed them once I knew they were there, but they were always there anyway so why didn't I pick up on them before?

Wonder what else is being put in subliminally smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I paused the DVD on that inserted frame at the end to see what it was, couldn't quite make it out...... eugh smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Surely as hardened games players who count every frame per second you should catch out a single frame in 25 on low frame rate video? :P

First time I saw it I noticed it and wondered whether it was a mistake; first one is when yer man standing in the room photocopying and theres this great pale wash of colours and out of perspective sense to the camera. He's standing towards the middle of the room and theres nothing from the camera to the person. Gives a good sense of distance and alone-ness. And then blip brad pitt is standing in the middle for a second.

Ok, they might hard to spot if you're not used to being very attentive to the screen but the **** at the end is just obvious - its there for ages? You'd need to be carefull if you couldn't spot edits like that - who knows what crap you're being fed! I think its illegal in england to use inserted clips for a long time now in any medium. Think it was a political party that used it first too, labour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Generally, I have found my observance skills were not brilliant - like in optical illusions etc - but I saw all of these frames the first time I saw Fight Club and couldn't believe it!

It's such a smart movie.

Then I read the book, and man, do I love Palahniuk. All his books are just incredible.

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    E.g. when people are photocopying stuff, and when he is talking to the doctor about his problem.</font>

410fightclubflash.jpg

[This message has been edited by Sico (edited 14-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Subliminal Messgages are illegal in all film and TV broadcast - the 1's they used in Fight-club were afaik held on screen too long (that is, long enough for your concious rather than unconcious mind to take in - thus negating any real affect they have)Still damn cool tho. Worryingly there is as yet, no law prohibiting Subliminal messages in Computer games.....makes you think, ive always wondered why Tetris was so addictive....

• Advertisement

Eh?? They're all over the place - especially when your man is talking about insomnia. E.g. when people are photocopying stuff, and when he is talking to the doctor about his problem.

I presume you caught the "nice big c0ck" at the end of the film? LOL-ed my pants off at that one the first time I saw it, and noone I was watching it knew WTF I was laughing at.

If I'm bored enough later, I'll take some screenies.

Remember Endorfun? (a game which used subliminal messages embedded in the music to make you feel good while playing; accused of causing videogame addiction) That sparked off a load of investigations, iirc none of which found any conclusive proof that subliminal messages/advertising actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i noticed it the first time but wasn't sure...the second time it was really obvious! biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

lol that must be the weirdest,most f***ed and best film iv ever seen....its a really good dvd package too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Its so weird the way ya never noticed them. I went to see it in the cinema with about 5 friends and only me and one of them noticed, and to us it was so ****ing obivous like it wasn't done fast at all. I think everyone else must be pickin their nose or something?????
    And jesus a ****in cinema sized **** on the ****in screen, i think everyone seen that poor *******s. lol brillant film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I saw it the first time too. But maybe it was the alter ego of Jack coming alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's probably harder to spot them in the Cinema because you're not focused on the entire screen at once (unless you sit in the very back row), and you generaly get little flashy bits now and then anyway.
    I only saw it once on video, I'd say I spotted most of them, yet a lot of them I couldn't entirely make out.
    Post more screenies if you get the chance/can be arsed sico. tongue.gif

Advertisement