Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mise Éire not on DVD

Options
  • 17-10-2004 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Just got a DVD player recently, and having feasted for a few weeks on obscure Chinese- and Japanese-language films (Beijing Bicycle, Scent of Green Papaya, Battle Royale...) I decided to take a look at Mise Éire. But to my surprise it doesn't seem to be available at all, nor does Saoirse.

Strange. Shouldn't historical documents such as these be available - for history classes, as well as for entertainment?

In fact, the video shop from which I was renting films (Laser) didn't have an Irish section at all. Classics, Horror, sections for French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, German....

I thought at first that it was just the video rental place, and went looking on Amazon, then googled '"mise eire" dvd' and got nowhere. Extraordinary. In what other country could this be the case?

Advertisement