Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital. whats the story ?

Options
  • 04-04-2001 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

what channels do you get
    bbc1-2 ?
    utv-c4 ?
    rte1-net2 ?

what other one's you get and what it cost ?
    do you get all the movie channels as well ?
    is it worth getting if i cut off cablelink ?
    and how much it cost ?

Coyote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

So far I havent gotten bbc 1,2,utv etc. I have got BBC Northern Ireland tho.
    All the sky chanels are available - movies sports etc, including extra movie channels. 12 of them i think.

You pay an extra 8 quid or so (guessing) for the movies. Its pretty good if u make use of it.

I have no experience of cablelink or prices, so i dunno which is better value.
    Sky's basic package (not movies/sports) is about £29. (close enuff anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Get sky digital Mike gwan please! I'll be over more often for the MTV channel were you pick you own video's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

We get the entire package for 36 a month. It's pretty good. Free dish and box but 50 pound install charge.

The minimum package is 8 pound a month where you basically just get sky one, sky news and all the free channels like the comedy channel, uk gold, etc.,

Drop 'round a dealer and pick up a application - you'll get all the info with it and can just bin it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Paladin - BBC ni is the same BBC that is broadcast by NTL for the last 15 years - so in effect we do indeed get BBC1

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The FANJ:
    Get sky digital Mike gwan please! I'll be over more often for the MTV channel were you pick you own video's.</font>

at a very nice phonecall price you can smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

So who provides this ? Is it Sky directly or do you get it form cablelink or ntl or eircom or whatever ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

both

it depends on who you buy it off. Your local cable operator might give you a combined phone/tv package that might be cheaper that getting tv from sky and phone from eircon. sky probably offer the cheapest tv though

Advertisement