Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power of the mustard seed

Options
  • 15-10-2004 7:21pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Did you know that as far back as the Victorian age women wore necklaces that contained a mustard seed?
    it is true, infact they still make them today.

It is a symbol of faith and is generally linked to this verse:
    " OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH"

THE LORD SAID. " AMEN I SAY TO YOU,

IF YOU HAVE FAITH

THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED,

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE MOUNTAINS.

NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU!"

MATTHEW 17:20

The power of a mustard seed :p

I found some examples of mustard seed necklaces here if you want to see what they look like:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=SMCRT&q=%20%20mustard%20seed%20necklace

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

you know, I have been thinking on it and maybe my distaste for mustard is due to the fact that I have a distaste for organised religion? being the anti christ and all :p

hmmm I wonder...I bet they dont have mustard in Hell, so you all better start behaving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

But mustard is hot and fiery - they must have it in hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If noting is impossible for someone with mustard-seedlike tiny faith, what's the point in having any more faith? It maxes out a bit too soon. God should rethink the system.

Or, possibly, He was saying that MUSTARD IS ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

just googled for mustard and religion...looks like the bible is full of mustard references !!!

http://religion.rutgers.edu/nt/primer/mustard.html

Man, those guys must have had one wild ! - last supper.....Peter, pass the mustard, sure Jesus, English or Dijon ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Maybe Hell is made from mustard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If it is, I should misbehave more! Here's hoping they have sausages and bread rolls too...

Advertisement