Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying Laminate on new concrete floor..??

Options
  • 14-10-2004 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be laying laminate soon in a new house. I have to move quick on it cos I need to turn it around fast for rent.
    Chances are the concrete will only have been poured a couple of weeks so it probably won't be fully dried out.

If I lay an underlay with a damp proof course, will the floor still warp with the moisture drying out from the concrete?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• The moisture content of the concrete may not exceed 2.5 % (CM method). A freshly
    poured coating must dry out for at least 1 week per cm (3/8”) thickness up to 4 cm
    (1”1/2), and 2 weeks per cm (3/8”) thickness above 4 cm (1”1/2), with sufficient ventilation.
    (6 cm (2”1/2) concrete must therefore dry out for a minimum of 8 weeks).

hope this helps i think you can buy dampproof underlay but i've never seen it

(this is for quickstep flooring)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• The moisture content of the concrete may not exceed 2.5 % (CM method). A freshly
    poured coating must dry out for at least 1 week per cm (3/8”) thickness up to 4 cm
    (1”1/2), and 2 weeks per cm (3/8”) thickness above 4 cm (1”1/2), with sufficient ventilation.
    (6 cm (2”1/2) concrete must therefore dry out for a minimum of 8 weeks).

hope this helps i think you can buy dampproof underlay but i've never seen it

(this is for quickstep flooring)
    Thanks Ed...they have underlay with a damp proof mem in B&Q for about €2.80/sq m

Advertisement