Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Dead II

Options
  • 11-03-2001 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Groovy !

Saw this last night on BBC2 for the first time in its entirety. Man, my life was pretty empty up until this point. What a brilliant, completely insane, batty, funny film this was. And as for Bruce Campbell, well he wins The William Shatner In Star Trek 2 Award for overacting so much its pure genius to watch. Anyway, i liked it.

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Yeah, class film. Watch the 3rd 1 for even more Bruce Campbell over-acting. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

truely great horror/comedy film, havent seen the first one or last one thou frown.gif

I Live (in a dream world)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

was cool, The first one was a student movie made buy sam rami and Bruce Campbell. 2 is a remake of it, and Army of Darkness is just way out their.......but very funny.

now if only El pres would get me Army of Darkness on DVD!!!!!! *HINT*

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Evil Dead II, one of the best movies ever.

Sam Raimi who directed Evil Dead II, also directed A Simple Plan, Darkman and is directing the upcomign Spiderman movie.

Bruce Campbell (the best actor in the known universe) plays Autolycus in "Xena Warrior Slut" and "Hercules, strong dude". He also starred in the excellent "Brisco County Junior" series that should have never been cancelled.

www.deadites.net

-Son of Blam

[This message has been edited by Son of Blam (edited 11-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I was always a big fan of Sam Raimi, i loved Darkman and especially A Simple Plan, which is one of THE great underappreciated movies, but i had only seen part of Evil Dead II, so im a happy camper.

And as for Spiderman, truly the Gods were smiling upon us when he signed on...i can't wait..

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Heh ...I love all the Evil Deads *except one which I still havent seen* , Army of Darkness aswell *still plays the now Ancient Blood for the grewsome AOD sounds* , I really have a bit of a penchant for Bruce Cambell , So much so I even bought a suprisingly good ,little known game called Tachyon the fringe for his Voice overs . But I still laugh at the jump hes and Rami have made over the last few years , From Top class Gore Movies to Below par Childrens drama.... whoulda thunk it ?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Also fans of that Chain saw might want to Check out the Up-and-coming Duke Nukem Forever

*I know I know : Go back to Halflife , game boy*

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I havent read thje replys so heres wha i think,

Evil dead 2 is 1 of the best funniest films ive ever seen, really cool hero in it aswell i think the should make a computer game outav it , have they?

The hand is definetly the oscar winner, i never fail to laugh like a mad ejit when he's in the kitchen and the hand sees the knife biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Bruce Cambell has a small part in Spider Man biggrin.gif

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

evil dead 2 is bloody brilliant.. from the dodgy intro to the dodgy ending.. classic one-liners and of course the best scene in film history.. the bit in the kitchen with his hand smile.gif

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer..........but El_pres owes me it, as i gave him a ge-force ddr for 3 dvd's. one has to be AOD

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

They have made a game out of the Evil Dead series. Unfortunatly it turned out to be ****.

It's out on the Dreamcast/PSX and PC.

www.evildeadgame.com

-Son of Blam

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

this film is absolutely deadly. i like the 3rd one more though. more one liners.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

that film is fantastic!!! best saturday night in ever. it is..... how do you call it ..... groooovy!!!! biggrin.gif

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Sutty I have Army of darkness on DivX if you want it.. just ask, i'll meet u in town someday..

RentZ

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

yeh, it fúckín' rocked! Army of Darkness does rule to.. try to get the limited edition version, its got alternative endin's.. MAGIC!.. but.. has ANYONE, EVER, see the original Evil Dead?.. what IS it about? :O)

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Speaking of Brucey-boy, he stars in the Raimi-produced "Jack of All Trades". It's part of the "Back to back action" with "Cleopatra 2525", shown at irregular times on RTE1/NET2. It's absolutely the best show ever.. It's basically a Monkey Island TV show, with Bruce as the Daring Dragoon. Stupid laughs, but still fantastic.

Oh, when is the Evil Dead game out?

They already made a Army of Darkness game...........its carp....ment to have a good start to it, once you get into the rest is pants frown.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Sam Raimi also made *cough* For the love of the game *cough* with *mumble*Kevin Costner*Mumble* but i think i can forgive him that one slip up. As for the Evil dead iii dvd, the quality is s*it but great extras though.

Reboot do a great ****-take of the movie in an episode. Its very funny.

[This message has been edited by LittleFigment (edited 15-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭RubberDuck

yes its true, it truly does 0wn j00r pantal0ns

*** You were kicked from #fortress.ie by Molly (bang bang)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Hmm?

I thought they hadnt released the game over here yet?

Advertisement