Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's Toilets in Canteen

Options
  • 14-10-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that the men's toilets haven't been clean since June 19th (according to the cleaners sign-in sheet). There hasn't been any soap in the soap dispenser since I started in DCU 3 weeks ago either. I assume the same is for the women's toilets.

Not very hygenic, especially if you want to wash your hands after using the toilet before you eat food.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I haven't seen them myself wouldn't be surprised. Towards the end of last year the gents in the CA building were absolutely destroyed and nothing was done about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea, CA ones were/are ****.

Just use the library. Bit of a walk, but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

In my previous 3 years in DCU, and now in my 4th, Ive made it my business to seek out the greatest toilets that DCU have to offer:

Avoid:

Henry Grattan
    Computing School
    Business School
    Entire Hub Area
    Downstairs in Science Building
    Gym

Okay:
    T101 has some adequate facilities

Very good:
    Library
    Upstairs in Science Building in the really new part
    Invent Building
    Once found a smashing toilet in the Postgrad Res back in First Year

Excellent:
    The Helix, they are of course commercial so they put the effort in

Best of whats around:
    Nursing School, cos its new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Our Engineering building toilets are spotless... We have those nice worldwide handdryers too that actually get your hands dry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The women's toilets in the main restaurant PONG!

Most of the busier toilets do.

Meh!

When ya gotta go badly enough you don't really pay much heed ... it's just when the loo roll is absent that you notice ... but generally when that happens it's too late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Coming from many years in DIT Kevin St, it was a big surprise for me to find that there's practically no snot rubbed into the walls of the cubicles.

DCU has loads of those shitty hand dryers though, the kind that hardly blow out any air at all (in Henry Grattan building, library and canteen at least). There's good hand dryers in the Engineering building and the Business School. Postgrad building has some alright hand dryers, but could do with blowing some more air out. Nice soap in postgrad building too but there's a flickering light that could easily give someone an epileptic fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Amz wrote:
    The women's toilets in the main restaurant PONG!

Most of the busier toilets do.

Meh!

*snip*
    No need for that.

[edit]ah fs spock. you communist nazi jew. go back to canada[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Disabled toilets in the newish research building are the best, spotless clean, never smelly cause most people will use the regular loos, very very spacious, you could swing a cat in there, the decor is nice too, never out of bog roll, full heavy door so its quiet, also its its own room so no huuhhh sounds from the non existant cubicle next door, good dryers too, all in all a pleasant experience, with not one rattled door handle yet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

OFDM wrote:
    Coming from many years in DIT Kevin St, it was a big surprise for me to find that there's practically no snot rubbed into the walls of the cubicles.

Oh sweet jebus man, don't remind me.

Snot wasn't the worst of it, it was the blood and fecal matter plastered on the wall that galled me.
    I was there 3 years and it was only ever added to.

To anybody still there it appears our scum are lazy so I suggest the top annex floor as ok and the basement of the old building as generally good.
    The gym changing rooms are excellent but never any loo roll.

tribble

ps - in ucd (arts) now and 'tis a vast improvment, with a general rating of good.

tribble wrote:
    Oh sweet jebus man, don't remind me.

Snot wasn't the worst of it, it was the blood and fecal matter plastered on the wall that galled me.
    I was there 3 years and it was only ever added to.

To anybody still there it appears our scum are lazy so I suggest the top annex floor as ok and the basement of the old building as generally good.
    The gym changing rooms are excellent but never any loo roll.

tribble

ps - in ucd (arts) now and 'tis a vast improvment, with a general rating of good.

Men's changing room always had flooded toilet floor (i think from the shower, maybe), and there's no hand dryer.

I discovered plenty of snot rubbed into the walls of the toilets in the gym in DCU though...

Still no soap in the DCU canteen toilets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The physics and engineering building have nice ones. Big spacious cubicles and plentiful soap.

Unbelievably, there's still no soap and they still haven't been cleaned and this is week 7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

just do what you did in primary school when you needed a dump. hold it in till you got home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

stuey wrote:
    just do what you did in primary school when you needed a dump. hold it in till you got home!!!!

dem were the days, grease paper for bog role :D

Advertisement