Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember!

Options
  • 12-10-2004 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

had a laugh with my bro at the weekend trying to rememer all the little characters on Bosco?

Sile Seilidhe
    Gregory Grainneog
    The MacSpuds

Anyone remember any others.....we had others but was a drink fuelled conversation so the braincells used for the conversation are now dead!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Never mind Bosco, I remember Tayto Crisps when they had a little twist of salt in blue paper in the bag. You opened up the bag, fished out the twist of paper and emptied the salt in, then you closed the bag and shook it to distribute the salt over the crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Don't remember them but do remember cherry coke the first time round!

Snickers as marathons, 5p bags of taytos and 1/2 penny sweets......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

sanncoo wrote:
    had a laugh with my bro at the weekend trying to rememer all the little characters on Bosco?

Sile Seilidhe
    Gregory Grainneog
    The MacSpuds

Anyone remember any others.....we had others but was a drink fuelled conversation so the braincells used for the conversation are now dead!!!

Ah you forgot the Tongue-Twisters!!! I'm starting to remember another thing too with a dog...I think it was called Flaherty's garden?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

"ruff" said flaherty, he was annoyed at cornelius's annoyance etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Prozium

Little boy's playing ball in the park, jumper's for goalpost's. Little jonny getting a scraped knee. Enduring image, isn't it, hmm?.

Ah, those were the days. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Anyone remember that programme on a saturday morning, I think it was called Anything Goes or something - in the good ol days when the only choice was RTE 1 or 2! There were no ads about remortgaging, insurance, loans or ringtones! Bliss

Aengus mcAnally with the different coluored shoes.....

I remember the morning they showed 'thriller' by MJ, firghtened the bejaysus out of my little brother....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sanncoo wrote:
    Ruadhri Rabbit
    Charlie Crann
    What was the name of the owl - Mrs McCullough or summat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

sanncoo wrote:
    I remember the morning they showed 'thriller' by MJ, firghtened the bejaysus out of my little brother....

;)

Jesus! Same here!! :eek:

Also the Joker from the original 60's Batman used to put the fear of God in me aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ah Anything goes, do you remember which colour shoe was on which foot. theres one for you, the left one was red and the right one was yellow, he had a suit with one side red and the other yellow too.

what about pajo, anyone remember him.

as for bosco

knock knock
    open wide
    see whats on the other side
    knock knock
    anymore
    lets go through the magic door

or was it

see whats through the magic door.

I thought action station saturday was better than anything goes though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

freedie fox and friends.

i used to love the McSpuds in savers supermarket. it was Silé McSpuds birthday, and all the loaves of bread were invited... and so on...

also i love the way during the story, they would tell about 3 chapters, while zooming out on one single image. crazy!

also what were the plasticine men called??? the name always escapes me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

knock knock
    open wide
    see whats on the other side
    knock knock
    anymore
    lets go through the magic door

or was it

see whats through the magic door.

A strange sense of "how the fcuk do I know this" has come over me but I think the line was "come with me through the magic door".

I agree....I think it was come with me thru the magic door

sanncoo wrote:
    I agree....I think it was come with me thru the magic door
    you are indeed correct

Loved the tongue twisters...used to try and copy them....

Re the marla men, can't remember their names at all!!

I remember one story they told about a magpie stealing a mother's ring because it was shiny. Hated magpies after that!

It's crazy the things that stick with us. Or perhaps it's the crazy things that stick with us!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

freedie fox and friends.

i used to love the McSpuds in savers supermarket. it was Silé McSpuds birthday, and all the loaves of bread were invited... and so on...

also i love the way during the story, they would tell about 3 chapters, while zooming out on one single image. crazy!

also what were the plasticine men called??? the name always escapes me!
    ah the mc spuds was class does any one know where you get your hands on these on video???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How come the magic door almost always lead to Dublin Zoo?

ive said it before and ill say it again: run a luas line through it. easy access to the phoniex park from donnybrook.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    How come the magic door almost always lead to Dublin Zoo?

Or an ice-cream making factory.

I seem to remember them making Brunch's in one episode.

Were the little plasticine dudes called The Plonksters or something like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/children/show/images/plon_130.jpg

Also, I thought it was yer mans socks that were different colours, not his shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

nope it was his shoes, one red and one yellow and they had white laces,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Okie wrote:
    Or an ice-cream making factory.
    I seem to remember them making Brunch's in one episode.
    And once they turned up in a dairy where they were bottling milk. Riviting stuff.

Am i just doting or did they go to a sausage making factory?????

Pajo rings a bell, wasn't there a program called Pajo's Junkbox or something like that!

Oh, the ravages of time have had their evil way with my feeble mind.....

Okie wrote:
    Were the little plasticine dudes called The Plonksters or something like that?

http://www.abc.net.au/children/show/images/plon_130.jpg
    omg, your a legend!

omg, your a legend!

I live to give!

But I seem to remeber a different type of plasticine fellas before the lads in the previously posted picture.

All the same, this thread is starting to dig out some fairly well hidden memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah pajo's jukebox wasn't it? and remember ronald rat?!!!

pajo and the salty frog in space. wasnt fortycoats on after this? i cant really remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I just remember that pat inglesby (i thnk) presented it.. and that my older neighbour had a hand puppet of Ronald rat and i was so jealous!!

Cork_girl wrote:
    I just remember that pat inglesby (i thnk) presented it.. and that my older neighbour had a hand puppet of Ronald rat and i was so jealous!!

I remember Pat Ingoldsby had a show where if it was your birthday, you'd roar your name at your TV at home and then it would appear on screen, or something like that?

Any one else?

It was Pat's Chat....

See this link for a very scary story re fame and all it's trappings...

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~kenny/chronic/page2.html

:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement