Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda directive on under 16yr olds - part 2

Options
  • 12-10-2004 7:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have passed on your concerns to those who might be in a better position to deal with them ( in spite of my usual reservations in dealing with un accountable allegations ).

I would like to think that we are on the same side, the lawful side! bringing the association into disrepute by openly allowing 2 under 16 year olds shoot in a competition in ashbourne at a time when we are all trying to show the government that gun owners are safe and highly responsible people is an unforgivable act. i would love to know what the organisers were at when they allowed these kids to shoot they should be hauled over the coals!

people might accuse me of bringing only grief but I happen to agree that we should be fighting this directive but not like this. We can only win that argument by talking to the powers that be and not by breaking the law which only goes to prove to the government that we cannot be trusted to be responsible in the first place.

i will stay quite for the moment and look forward to pull letting us know what comes of this at the next executive meeting and i hope we have some news after it or a lot of people will take the silence for a whitewash. hope you do not mind if i remind you about it from time to time.

there was no need to close the thread down it was not personal or unseemly just about getting to the facts and the truth about something which affects the WHOLE shooting community. so by all means moderate but do not censor debate about something you say this board was set up for and that is to debate issues which affect shooting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The last thread was closed for very good reason, allegations were being made which were unsubstantiable and of a serious nature. A strong personal element was also creeping in to the discussion. The various points have been well made at this stage, now ye can go away and sort it out within your organisation.

Any future attempts at restarting this topic will result in sanctions against the user doing so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement