Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike Milligan

Options
  • 11-10-2004 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up an old copy of one of Spike's war biographies (Where Have All The Bullets Gone, in this case) the other day, and it's really sucking me in. Reminds me a lot of Catch-22, with some really great turns of phrase in there.

Has anyone read his other biographies? Can anyone recommend any of his other writings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Only the Bible according to Spike Milligan, I read most of it and got bored because I didn't like the humour much but might suit a naked bible-reading man better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MogwaiFearSatan

all the war daries are good, pookoon is quiet funny too but avoid the movie. its ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If you like Spike Milligan's unique* anarchic humour, I would strongly recommend you check out The Goon Show which is available to buy on CD and tape from Amazon UK and BBCShop.com among others.

*: Well, when I say "unique", he HAS been a major influence on some of todays big name stand-up comics, such as the brilliant Eddie Izzard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Swarfboy

I too have read the Pukoon and Hitler and Monty books all brilliant, but my most prized possesion is a book of silly verse for kids that I bought about 15 year ago.... I now read them (complete with silly face) to my son who's only 3 but they do make him laugh.....Pure genius....

"There are holes in the sky where the rain falls in, but they're ever so small that's why rain is thin"

:p

Advertisement