Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting your rifle via motorbike

Options
  • 11-10-2004 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this before ?

If your only transportation was Motorbike and you wanted
    to use it to travel to and from a range with your rifle,

The Rifle would have to be in a case ? (hard case I presumme)
    Ammo has to be seperate to rifle ? (dunno about this bit if your on a bike)

The rifle would be in its case and either slung on the back or
    have some method of securing it to the motorbike??

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmm. I guess it's technically possible. Anschutz do those rucksack-type rifle slings.
    Thing is, one low bridge...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

if it's cased, unloaded, with bolt removed, I can't see a prob........I have walked roads in the country with my rifle uncased, unloaded with bolt removed and had no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Get a KAPLAN or KOPLIN GUN BOOT.it is a hard plastic[milspec] gun shaped boot .You mount it on the bike,quad, whatever,with bolts.It is padlockable,waterproof and inner lined
    Carry the ammo in a seperate lockable pannier and i would think you are good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

bullets.ie wrote:
    Has anyone done this before ?

If your only transportation was Motorbike and you wanted
    to use it to travel to and from a range with your rifle,

The Rifle would have to be in a case ? (hard case I presumme)
    Ammo has to be seperate to rifle ? (dunno about this bit if your on a bike)

The rifle would be in its case and either slung on the back or
    have some method of securing it to the motorbike??

~B
    No problem,licence covers you to have it in your possession and also covers the ammo. Some people still cycle to ranges/land where they shoot. It would be a terrible thing if you also had to buy a car along with paying for the gun and accessories etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I knew of 2 guys who transported their guns on bikes. One strapped a telescopic fishing rod onto the case to disguise it, and never had any problems. The other guy was pulled in a few times by gardai.... when they checked up they agreed he wasnt in breech of any laws but that he was attracting attention to the fact he had a firearm...they basically told him he would attract attention from the "wrong sort".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Was his rifle not in a slip or a case mcguiver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Both guys using soft cases

Advertisement